Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eliott Bennett - Returns for a Month

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Last player we had who could actually cross the ball from wide areas would be a good addition

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I would love Benno back, anyone at Fulham away would have seen he still has a lot to offer, just needed to regain fitness.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Does my head in people grouping Benno in with the other former player threads that have appeared on here. Big difference - he was on loan with us last season! So it's perfectly plausible we will go in for him. Obviously, if we get the old Benno back and fit it would be signing of our Summer. Was unstoppable in league 1 and clearly had the ability to be a very good champs player. I agree, we shouldn't read too much into his loan spell after a long injury lay off...

And how signing Benno wouldn't be MOVING FORWARD is beyond me. People seem to have confused the phrases 'looking forward' and 'moving forward' a bit...! Former players have a lot more chance of re-joining a club they were happy with before. See Crofts / Bennett as good recent examples...

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
you are joking aren't you ?did anyone else witness last years loan spell with us / He was rarely involved . If Norwich want to sell him it's for a very good reason . Jolly decent fellow though !

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Last player we had who could actually cross the ball from wide areas would be a good addition

Conway is the last player we had who could REALLY cross a ball for me, Bennett was good but thought he flattered to decieve a little bit in his last spell, possibly due to the injury he had before.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Conway is the last player we had who could REALLY cross a ball for me, Bennett was good but thought he flattered to decieve a little bit in his last spell, possibly due to the injury he had before.

Good shout I had forgotten about him!! Thought Bennett was poor on loan last time around but hard to judge him on that as he came into a side low on confidence and just back from injury. If fit I think he would fit well in a Hughton side and is capable of chipping in with a few goals as well

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

This as well. Unfortunately, he never actually got to play with Ulloa, who would've thrived on the sort of crosses he put in.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Can we spend our pennies on a feckin GOALSCORER!!!!!!! :facepalm:
I think the current 4 forwards might do ok for us fully fit and provided with some decent service. They're certainly an improvement on the forward options that we started seasons 11/12, 12/13 and 14/15 with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here