Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eliott Bennett - Returns for a Month

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Would much rather prefer Noone back but unlikely. Bennett looked slow and cumbersome, he used to glide around the pitch but now huffs and puffs

Bit harsh to write him off based on his loan spell last year when he wasn't match fit. At 26 he will be in his prime.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
This as well. Unfortunately, he never actually got to play with Ulloa, who would've thrived on the sort of crosses he put in.

Conway was yet another cock up as we should have secured him on a permanent deal. When he arrived he wasn't match fit but by the time he left ( IMO ) he had well demonstrated what he could add to our ( potential ) attacking threat.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Conway was yet another cock up as we should have secured him on a permanent deal. When he arrived he wasn't match fit but by the time he left ( IMO ) he had well demonstrated what he could add to our ( potential ) attacking threat.
Much rather have KLL.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would much rather prefer Noone back but unlikely. Bennett looked slow and cumbersome, he used to glide around the pitch but now huffs and puffs
Are you really judging him on the handful ( seven ? ) games he played for us when coming back from injury, mostly under the clueless Finn ?

Harsh.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

BG you'd have anyone back. Talk about rose tinted testicles!

Of the two I would far sooner have a fully fit EB. In fact he would the man I chased after most of all the speculation about BZ etc. EB is the man to provide the chances for Hemed and Baldock, then scoring problem solved at a reasonably cheap rate.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Are you really judging him on the handful ( seven ? ) games he played for us when coming back from injury, mostly under the clueless Finn ?

Harsh.

Maybe a little harsh but when he went back to Norwich he only started one game plus a few games as sub.

Not sure if that's down to injury, poor form or they just had someone better.

If there is any truth to this rumour ( not just an old player returning wind up) hope it's the old player we used to know.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Bit harsh to judge him on the loan spell when he was returning from serious injury. He would be, in my opinion, a decent addition. Can play wide and through the middle and capable of decent delivery. A player I would guess Hughton likes being hard working and committed. This is probably just made up stuff but I would not be unhappy if true.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Harsh.
But are you judging him on the player he was 3 and a half years ago?

That EB is very different to the one who has now had at least 2 decent injuries, one serious, and has only started 7 (seven) league games in 2 full seasons.

If so I think you are being equally harsh.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But are you judging him on the player he was 3 and a half years ago?

That EB is very different to the one who has now had at least 2 decent injuries, one serious, and has only started 7 (seven) league games in 2 full seasons.

If so I think you are being equally harsh.
I am not being harsh on him at all, and think he would be an excellent signing for us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am not being harsh on him at all, and think he would be an excellent signing for us.
So was Kemy, Harley & Hoskins.

There's a whole world of fit, injury free wingers, out there, desperate to make a name for themselves in English football.
Why saddle yourself with another sick note, just because he once played for the Albion.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I saw him in a couple of games and thought the same. He looked a class above a lot of the players on the pitch.

Wish I could agree with that, but I don't recall seeing anything during that spell to suggest he was getting back to anywhere near what he was.

The caveat is that pretty well everyone in Hypia's teams looked shocking

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think people are missing something here.

With CMS gone, there is no natural replacement in the "always smiling and nice on twitter" role. Elliott Bennett would be perfect for this - the club would be stupid to not get him in before another club snaps him up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So was Kemy, Harley & Hoskins.

There's a whole world of fit, injury free wingers, out there, desperate to make a name for themselves in English football.
Why saddle yourself with another sick note, just because he once played for the Albion.
What a ridiculous comment. Even the most 'non-injury-prone' can have their career ended in an instant.

And I strongly disagree Bennett is a 'sicknote'. In fact, that's quite an insulting allegation to levy at him with no evidence.

Benno would be a fantastic addition to the squad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a ridiculous comment. Even the most 'non-injury-prone' can have their career ended in an instant.

And I strongly disagree Bennett is a 'sicknote'. In fact, that's quite an insulting allegation to levy at him with no evidence.

Benno would be a fantastic addition to the squad.

So lets employ, on top dollar, a player who's come bloody close to already having a career ender.
After all lightening does strike twice does it? what could possibly go wrong?

If only one of:-

Armando Vajushi
Garry Rodrigues
Geoffrey Mujangi Bia
Sylvester Igboun
Thorsten Schick
Nikolaos Karelis
Nicklas Bärkroth
Derlis Gonzalez

were fast, talented, wingers, who could deliver a final ball, be younger than EB, and with a clean bill of health.

Still there's no substitute for previously playing for the Albion, in the third division.

#weloveyoubobby.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
So lets employ, on top dollar, a player who's come bloody close to already having a career ender.
After all lightening does strike twice does it? what could possibly go wrong?

If only one of:-

Armando Vajushi
Garry Rodrigues
Geoffrey Mujangi Bia
Sylvester Igboun
Thorsten Schick
Nikolaos Karelis
Nicklas Bärkroth
Derlis Gonzalez

were fast, talented, wingers, who could deliver a final ball, be younger than EB, and with a clean bill of health.

Still there's no substitute for previously playing for the Albion, in the third division.

#weloveyoubobby.

So are you saying all of those players are willing to come to Brighton then? All for a reasonable price? wow that's good then!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So are you saying all of those players are willing to come to Brighton then? All for a reasonable price? wow that's good then!

No I'm saying if a 10 minute rudimentary Wiki search, by a fat postman, can find talented wingers perhaps it's time to cast the player recruitment net a little further than the end of your nose.

Esp if we are to believe the club is one of this highest payers in one of the worlds most expensive leagues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here