Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Military Aircraft

This one hasn't appeared yet.

Swordfish_(7582559196).jpg

Several still left and flying. Did for some of the Italian Navy at Taranto and memorably the Bismark as well.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
You cant beat the sound of a Merlin with a Supercharger bolted on.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Been watching the Vulcan and Lancs on YouTube, simply amazing.

Can't believe the Vulcan is displaying on the Saturday at Shoreham. Can't we get them to fly it over the Amex, how good would that be :)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Can't believe the Vulcan is displaying on the Saturday at Shoreham. Can't we get them to fly it over the Amex, how good would that be :)

Gutted about that too. Going to the Albion on Saturday and Shoreham Sunday. Had assumed the Vulcan would be there :(

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Gutted about that too. Going to the Albion on Saturday and Shoreham Sunday. Had assumed the Vulcan would be there :(

You could always give the Albion a miss. :thumbsup:

I know it's not easy, and it's something that I very seldom do - I don't have an ST for work reasons so I tend to grab every chance I can to go to games, but this time I'm making an exception.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm a bit biased, but the Harrier for me. Last pic is of the 1st ever launch of a Sea Harrier from a ski ramp at sea. HMS Invincible 1980.

BIT OF FUN 032.jpgwork 001.jpgBIT OF FUN 056.jpgsc0003ec62 23-14-41.jpg

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I agree, as much as all the other nominations are truly great aircraft. For sheer maneuverability, adaptability, operational flexibility, world class design, the Harrier must surely sit at the top of the pile as the "special forces" of the RAF.

Harrier.jpg

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Arse. The Canadian Lancaster has been grounded with an engine problem so now won't be joining up with the BBMF at Shoreham.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I agree, as much as all the other nominations are truly great aircraft. For sheer maneuverability, adaptability, operational flexibility, world class design, the Harrier must surely sit at the top of the pile as the "special forces" of the RAF.

View attachment 57706

So much top of the pile that the Yanks bought all our Harriers when Cameron got rid of them.

Another nail in the coffin of British engineering.......

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
It's these three bad boys for me,once saw and heard a flight of Lightnings take off on full afterburn,my ears are still bleeding to this day.Mosquito is the best looking aircraft ever and my Dad used to work with the Hunter during his Fleet Air arm days,was lucky enough to sit in the cockpit with the pilot and taxi in one when I was about 4Yrs. old,can still remember the smell of the Aircraft and noise of the Jets,a great happy memory.

images (16).jpg

images (17).jpg

download (12).jpg

Attachments

• images (15).jpg
    images (15).jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 554

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm currently visiting my partner in Newcastle, and on Monday he is going to drive us to Robin Hood Airport at Doncaster for a 2 hour premium tour of the Vulcan.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm currently visiting my partner in Newcastle, and on Monday he is going to drive us to Robin Hood Airport at Doncaster for a 2 hour premium tour of the Vulcan.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Previously known as RAF Finningley. I watched some great air shows there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here