Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Military Aircraft

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Nice pics mate!

Have you watched this before? Love the sound of those olympus engines throttling up

Hadn't seen that before - thanks for sharing.

There is nothing in aviation to compare to the Vulcan when it comes to noise for me - absolutely perfect, and the howl makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck every time.

I may have already shared it on this thread, but this video was taken at the Yorkshire Airshow 2015, the last time I saw XH558 fly:

[yt]0xdc9ALptq4[/yt]

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Hadn't seen that before - thanks for sharing.

There is nothing in aviation to compare to the Vulcan when it comes to noise for me - absolutely perfect, and the howl makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck every time.

I may have already shared it on this thread, but this video was taken at the Yorkshire Airshow 2015, the last time I saw XH558 fly:

[yt]0xdc9ALptq4[/yt]

even better - brilliant!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
_97619718_thestarrynight.jpg

More http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-41107231

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
I like anything that flies and although don't really have a top three the F22 Raptor is just awesome; the V22 Osprey is pretty cool and any list would have to have the Spitfire (The most beautiful plane ever created!)

f22a.jpgV22.jpgSpitfire.jpg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I saw this on Twitter, and thought it was worth posting here.

Yesterday was the 35th anniversary of Sir Douglas Bader's death, and this anecdote about him was printed in The Times:

ce5268c92dd8ed24d08c4a5a8e92ba73.jpg

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
A-10 warthog.
a10_2.jpg
F4 phantom
b3448b7cfb968d19e141653081d110c8--fighter-aircraft-fighter-jets.jpg
Su-27
jet-fighter-sukhoi-su-35.jpg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Random bounce, but has anyone ever been to the Cold War Jets fast taxi day at Bruntingthorpe?

My partner and I are thinking of going (its next Sunday), and on paper the idea of watching and hearing Lightnings, a Buccaneer, Victor, Canberra, Nimrod, Comet, VC10, Delfin, JP and Hunter doing their stuff is very appealing, but personal experiences are always welcome. [emoji106]

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Random bounce, but has anyone ever been to the Cold War Jets fast taxi day at Bruntingthorpe?

My partner and I are thinking of going (its next Sunday), and on paper the idea of watching and hearing Lightnings, a Buccaneer, Victor, Canberra, Nimrod, Comet, VC10, Delfin, JP and Hunter doing their stuff is very appealing, but personal experiences are always welcome. [emoji106]

Been once, it's a bit of a chunk of money for what it is but I guess it goes toward the restoration of the planes so.... The noise is good, they'll have a few vans selling food and drink, decent atmosphere. TBH, I think my memory is tainted by the fact it was freezing and we weren't dressed for it. And the Victor went tech on us....

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Biggin Hill Festival of Flight this weekend so there should be plenty of Historic/Interesting Aircraft flying around that bit of Kent.

And of course Goodwood Revival is with us shortly, always get a good amount of WWII Aircraft displaying. If you are a cheapskate you can ride your motorcycle to an adjacent road, park up and watch for free. Never done it myself of course... :whistle:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Lightening's were alway my favourite1960s jet . They were very LOUD!!!!!!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are the Vulcan bombers finally grounded?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Biggin Hill Festival of Flight this weekend so there should be plenty of Historic/Interesting Aircraft flying around that bit of Kent.

And of course Goodwood Revival is with us shortly, always get a good amount of WWII Aircraft displaying. If you are a cheapskate you can ride your motorcycle to an adjacent road, park up and watch for free. Never done it myself of course... :whistle:

Isn’t also Eastbourne Airshow this weekend?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here