Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Haywards Heath Relief Road open!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
That's a relief!!!

Western end (last section) now open so you can now avoid HH town centre when travelling through the area on the A272.

Not long ago they were giving a completion date of mid 2015, so well done to the contractors.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I used it on Thursday. I don't really think that they need so many signs for Billingshurst though.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Anyone know if the A23 Handcross widening is on track for finish next month? Sept 14 seemed like a lifetime away back in 2012 when they started.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
That's a relief!!!

Western end (last section) now open so you can now avoid HH town centre when travelling through the area on the A272.

Not long ago they were giving a completion date of mid 2015, so well done to the contractors.

It must meant to be complete in 2005!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
About time, it's been in the process of being built for about 15 years.
I live in Bolnore Village and can get to the hospital in just a shade over 3 minutes. Without it i'd only be past Beech Hurst after 3 minutes!

Rocky Lane has been completely transformed, amazing transformation considering it's only been closed about 6 months.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Great, now they can get on with building over the rest of the space between Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill. Oh and the gap between HH and Cuckfield while they're at it. Who gives a **** about the local character as long as there's plenty ofmcrap new housing miles away from the nearest shop or pub for commuters to live in and contribute nothing to the town.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone know if the A23 Handcross widening is on track for finish next month? Sept 14 seemed like a lifetime away back in 2012 when they started.

The signs now say October. It looks like there's only the central reservation barrier to be added.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
The signs now say October. It looks like there's only the central reservation barrier to be added.

Last time I drove through, a fortnight ago, looked like much of the central barrier was done. All looked pretty tidy.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Ironically it took me 10 minutes to drive from South Road roundabout to The Sergison, and that was the first day the bypass was open. Amazed at how few drivers appear to be using it!

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Spid[CENTER said:
[/CENTER]er;6483752]Great, now they can get on with building over the rest of the space between Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill. Oh and the gap between HH and Cuckfield while they're at it. Who gives a **** about the local character as long as there's plenty ofmcrap new housing miles away from the nearest shop or pub for commuters to live in and contribute nothing to the town.

Did you used to live in Falmer Nimby?

Who cares if there are not enough homes for the next generation as long as you are okay.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It's official openning will be nearer the end of August as they are still finishing of bits and pieces it wasn't due to be open until late next year. I used it several times it actual the A272 -and the road thru the town is now the B272 thank you Crest for opening it early.but please don't keep building all over our green town.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
It's official openning will be nearer the end of August as they are still finishing of bits and pieces it wasn't due to be open until late next year. I used it several times it actual the A272 -and the road thru the town is now the B272 thank you Crest for opening it early.but please don't keep building all over our green town.

Another Nimby.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Last time I drove through, a fortnight ago, looked like much of the central barrier was done. All looked pretty tidy.

No, Handcross Hill central barrier (concrete, I believe) has not yet been built. Once that is complete the third lane in each direction will be opened and that will be pretty much it.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Used it the other day, must have saved about 10-15 minutes by avoiding the town centre. Signposts are poor too, making no mention to the A23 when coming from the East so people may continue to go through Haywards Heath itself.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Did you used to live in Falmer Nimby?

Who cares if there are not enough homes for the next generation as long as you are okay.

Don't own a house in Haywards Heath so stop being a ****.

I do, however, believe that individualism is essential to maintaining the character of Mid Sussex, and I believe there's a very real danger that the entire corridor from London to Brighton is going to tarmac. It's not really an issue of building more houses - it's just that Haywards Heath and the surrounding area will suffer because developers are only interested in how much more they can make due to its proximity to the train station. I haven't seen the same level of development in Newick, for example.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

On schedule for October, I was talking to some of the workmen the other day. Lots of overnight closures coming up while they reconfigure the existing contra flows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here