Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypia, man of the people

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I used to regularly get the Lewes to Brighton train with Albert Jarret!

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Northern lights, as others have said he goes in there. The landlord/lady are Finnish. They do a cracking fishermans friend vodka!

Is it actually fisherman's friend vodka, or this cracking Finnish booze?

chymos-minttu.jpg

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Rather than remaining in his hotel room ordering room service and charging quail in caviar and champagne to Tony Bloom's account, Sami H is getting out and about in central Brighton. In fact on Wednesday evening he was in a hostelry serving Harvey's on the fringe of North Laine that's popular with one or two local journos.

They/we left him to his own devices, but I had a chance to ask him about it a couple of days later and he said: "I want to get to know the city."

You've got to love managers and players who don't mind mixing with the people. Mark McGhee springs to mind, and Calde, of course - the first footballer I think I've ever seen on a train.

He had just found out that Harveys was going up at the Amex and was getting a few in at a better price.

I
Glen Murray was on the train yesterday with his baby and partner travelling from Preston Park to Brighton sitting by the loos chatting to another parent with a baby. Ive seen him catching the train quite often.

Preston Park to Brighton - must have been a brief conversation.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Our last three managers have all been seen eating locally and in town - its his presence on the touchline that counts not his social habits

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Talking to my brother on Saturday night, he has been working at the training ground as there is an issue with the boiler over heating that supplies the baths. He had fixed the issue and there was someone in the hot bath and he asked how it was and he replied it was fine. My brother asked if he used the cold one and he said "No, I try not too!". Anyway, he went in to try it out for him and confirmed that it was cold! My brother said he might be a player or something and he is tall with blonde hair. I showed him a picture of Sami and he confirmed it was him! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here