mackail-smith-010814-l229-1798232_478x359.jpg

Craig Mackail-Smith
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 2nd August 2014
by Ferret
Sami Hyypia's side are 5/2 to make the play-offs for a third successive season"
Ferret

So after what seems like a minuscule break, the football season is back on us again, and the Albion kick off things at home next Saturday with the visit of Sheffield Wednesday.With a week before the big kick-off, it's time to look at some of the seasonal plays on offer from SkyBet - the official bookmaking partner of the Albion and sponsor of the Football League.
SkyBet have installed Cardiff as their 7/1 favourites for the Championship, with Derby (8/1), Fulham (9/1) and Wigan (9/1) in close pursuit.* Of those four I fancy the Rams the most; they looked so impressive in the play-offs against us and if they can keep that form going into the start of the season, they could potentially steal a march on the three relegated Premier League sides.
Albion are priced at 20/1 (13th favourites), which is probably a fair reflection of the toughness of this league this season, although I would expect the Seagulls to net a top ten finish so maybe Sky are being a little pessimistic.*
Sami Hyypia's side are 5/2 to make the play-offs for a third successive season - the best value in that category probably lying with Bolton (6/1) from whom I expect to see a much stronger showing this term.

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

On the goalscoring front, Jordan Rhodes (7/1) and Ross McCormack (8/1) head the SkyBet market, with Craig Mackail-Smith (28/1) the shortest priced Albion striker in the lists. This market is always very unpredictable, but it would be nice to see Craig in a competitive position.In the other divisions, my value selections are as follows:* Premier League: Manchester United (5/1);* League One: Leyton Orient - Top Six Finish (6/4)* League Two: York City (16/1 e/w)
Good luck and happy punting!
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY[/h]SATURDAY 9TH AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V CHELTENHAM[/h]TUESDAY 12TH AUGUST, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]Albion v BOLTON[/h]SATURDAY 23RD AUGUST, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here