Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am concerned...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We will do. I have no doubt about that.

Fancy a wager on league position? The way you've been talking you must definitely think we'll be in the bottom 3 after 10 games...

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The fact we have played without any real shape or form in most of our pre-season friendlies and that we have only have one player in (Stockdale) who is at least an equal to the ones we have lost or released is plenty to be concerned about, I agree.

It looks to me though that a few clubs at our level and lower are going to make do and pick up what points they can through August and then clinch deals late in the transfer window when players/clubs are less likely to demand inflated fees/wages.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Fancy a wager on league position? The way you've been talking you must definitely think we'll be in the bottom 3 after 10 games...

What do you have in mind?

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
my worry is that our success of recent seasons has been based on
a tight defense despite our lack of scoring power.
And the danger is that will the new system result in more goals conceded
but with little difference in goals scored.
In personnel terms we have lost some of our more effective. attacking performers
ulloa Orlandi and Barnes.The jury is out whether Buckley will recapture the
pace his game relied on.
Hopefully there is still some players to come on loan if not permanent.
But right now I do not think we can rely on reaping a goal dividend from a more
attacking style

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think it's obvious we should be concerned. Last 2 windows we've lost key players and influences like Barnes, Bridcutt, El-Abd and last seasons 4 player of the seasons candidates.

For me, only Stockdale currently represents an improvement and I can fully appreciate why the last 2 manager have been unhappy with the player recruitment process and personnel. The next 3-4 signings are critical IMO.

I go along with this and to date I wonder at the quality of the manager recruited. Whilst he has much better communication skills than the previous two incumbents he has yet to show me that he has their tactical nous. He will need this for sure.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
The fact we have played without any real shape or form in most of our pre-season friendlies and that we have only have one player in (Stockdale) who is at least an equal to the ones we have lost or released is plenty to be concerned about, I agree.

It looks to me though that a few clubs at our level and lower are going to make do and pick up what points they can through August and then clinch deals late in the transfer window when players/clubs are less likely to demand inflated fees/wages.

This to a tee.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
my worry is that our success of recent seasons has been based on
a tight defense despite our lack of scoring power.
And the danger is that will the new system result in more goals conceded
but with little difference in goals scored.
In personnel terms we have lost some of our more effective. attacking performers
ulloa Orlandi and Barnes.The jury is out whether Buckley will recapture the
pace his game relied on.
Hopefully there is still some players to come on loan if not permanent.
But right now I do not think we can rely on reaping a goal dividend from a more
attacking style

Yes the worry has got me thinking of going to the first home game to see how bad we really are going to be.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not too worried about the system, if it doesn't work we'll change it rather than lose every week.

But we badly need at least 3 signings, and 1 must be a very decent 20 goal striker.

I'm hopeful actually that we'll get at least 2 of the 3 next week.

The worrying thing for me is I didn't even know the game was on. In seasons gone by I would be first in the line for games, eager to see what team we have for the season. I still have a season ticket for this season, like I have done for a good few years now, but I have never felt so deflated about a campaign. Sell or release most of our best players, raise prices in the ground and seemingly complicate the transport even further, I am not really sure what there is to get excited about?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
The worrying thing for me is I didn't even know the game was on. In seasons gone by I would be first in the line for games, eager to see what team we have for the season. I still have a season ticket for this season, like I have done for a good few years now, but I have never felt so deflated about a campaign. Sell or release most of our best players, raise prices in the ground and seemingly complicate the transport even further, I am not really sure what there is to get excited about?

It's not the Albion that's the problem, it's your ever increasing age and the ever looming shadow of the grim reaper.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here