The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Battle of Trafalgar is £4.10

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Nice. Queues should be half the size this season then.

Maybe I'm just used to London prices, but £4.20 doesn't seem outrageous to me. About £3.80-£4.00 seems to be the going rate, so an extra 20p for a captive audience in a football stadium seems about right. I paid £5.20 in a pub the other day. £5.20!! Now that is taking the piss. You used to be able to get 8 cans for that. Imagine what the atmosphere at the Amex would be like if you could get 8 cans for a fiver.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Nice. Queues should be half the size this season then.

Maybe I'm just used to London prices, but £4.20 doesn't seem outrageous to me. About £3.80-£4.00 seems to be the going rate, so an extra 20p for a captive audience in a football stadium seems about right. I paid £5.20 in a pub the other day. £5.20!! Now that is taking the piss. You used to be able to get 8 cans for that. Imagine what the atmosphere at the Amex would be like if you could get 8 cans for a fiver.
The price of a pint is fair but over £4 for a pie is so wrong. Not that i buy them and certainly won't ever be tempted now.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
The price of pints is fair but over £4 for a pie is so wrong. Not that i buy them and certainly won't ever be tempted now.

I don't know, how much is a pukka pie in most grounds? £2.50? And they are rank. I'd much rather pay £4 for a nice pie. Also, it's much easier for the fans to control the price of a pie. Eat before you get to the ground and don't buy them if they are too much, and the club will have to drop the price. Pints are a different story because it's harder to not have them at the ground for a lot if people!

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Wasn't £3.90 last season? A bit bloody steep to rise by 30p, around 7.5%, in 3 months. No doubt I will still pay it, presuming the STH discount it still there.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I don't know, how much is a pukka pie in most grounds? £2.50? And they are rank. I'd much rather pay £4 for a nice pie. Also, it's much easier for the fans to control the price of a pie. Eat before you get to the ground and don't buy them if they are too much, and the club will have to drop the price. Pints are a different story because it's harder to not have them at the ground for a lot if people!

I would pay £4+ for a nice pie, so I will have to buy elsewhere. Furthermore a drop in demand for sub standard pies will not necessarily lead to a drop in price. It could lead to an increase. especially if we were able to sell them to Leicester, of course.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
From memory the Swan was charging £3-something for a nice pint of Palmers last season. If they don't get greedy and match the club they'll get all my custom now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here