Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Full respect to the Homosexual and Lesbian community, God loves us all

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
It's neither here nor there.....I agree I cant much see the point now, the battle for equality is almost over - but straight pride?!!! - same old tosh.
Count me out.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Gay.

Only joking, Agree completely. :thumbsup:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Pride is for everyone (apart from bigots).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
everyday is straight pride day.

or really gay pride these days, does anyone hide it? an excuse to party, get over it.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Such ideas display an ignorance of the roots of the Pride movement. The origins of the Pride movement lay in oppression, discrimination and the lawful punishment of homosexuals. As much as equality exists under the law in the UK, it doesn't elsewhere. So the movement clearly continues. There has never been a 'Straight Pride' because there was never a need for one, heterosexuals have never been legally and morally persecuted for their sexuality.

That said, I do believe that what was once a festival of self determination has become one of self indulgence, but then, it appears that both gays and straight people attend the event in equal measure nowadays, so let people enjoy themselves.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The last pride, I chatted to a chap from Uganda. He told me he left before he was imprisoned.

Straight people dominate. Did you really need to question this or is it 'PC Brigade gone loopy'?

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Oh dear. Another reference to this "God" character that we somehow need his approval.
"And God created the Earth"...eerrrr no!
Read a fvcking science book and grow the **** up. It's like Father Christmas for grown ups!!!
And trying to justify a point if view by adding a few words that this mythical character adds weight to you argument is just nonsense.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Gay people are oppressed sometimes.
Straight people are oppressed sometimes.
Black people,Asians,gingers,fatties,uglies,spotties,baldies,oldies,people with body odour,bad breath and who fart a lot.

If you want to find something wrong with yourself it is easy........

Make the best of what you are and have FUN.
You won't be here for long.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Oh dear. Another reference to this "God" character that we somehow need his approval.
"And God created the Earth"...eerrrr no!
Read a fvcking science book and grow the **** up. It's like Father Christmas for grown ups!!!
And trying to justify a point if view by adding a few words that this mythical character adds weight to you argument is just nonsense.
I must be going mad because I can't see a reference to this 'God' character anywhere. In any case both gay and straight people often believe in God.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Are you struggling with under achieving, that need to feel proud to have a partner of the opposite sex? FFS
People being killed/murdered all over the planet...we've not got a left back and urgently need another striker but your alright Jack, You've got a partner of the opposite sex...Hurrah :cheery:

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
I feel "Gay Pride" to some extent still promotes a "them and us" attitude - effectively, the GLBT community highlighting that they are different and giving the impression that they want to exclude the straight community. Personally, I would prefer the "Pride Festival" to be a celebration of people of all types including straight (GLBTS if you like), all happy to celebrate that they are comfortable both with themselves and with each other.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I just got in the wardrobe and got out again, nothing changed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here