Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eastbourne pier is on fire

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I thought these things only happened in Croydon?

image.jpg

It's probably one of your lot again

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Hope nobody is hurt in that. Beautiful little pier that. A real shame to see it being destroyed

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Eugenius Birch's finest effort. Sad to see. Hope it can be rebuilt and obviously that no-one's hurt.

Even when not being perpetrated by competitive arsonists in seaside towns with two of them (ahem) piers have always been susceptible to fires: wooden decking, electricity cables etc.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Tradegy. I hope the nightclub Atlantis (not on fire at the moment) does not end up at the bottom of the sea likes it's legendary namesake if the pier collapses. I pray no one has been injured/hurt.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Roof collapsing in now. Hopefully no ones hurt, and the pier can be restored.

It will end up like the West Pier if the insurers can get out of paying the claim with an exclusion in the small print.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Tradegy. I hope the nightclub Atlantis (not on fire at the moment) does not end up at the bottom of the sea likes it's legendary namesake if the pier collapses. I pray no one has been injured/hurt.

Don't think anyone's hurt...

The only possible good thing that could come from this would be if Atlantis ended up in the bottom of the sea ;)

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Apparently it started in the arcade in the one of the walls and spread very quickly.

Source: Heart FM*

*Only reason I was listening to Heart FM was because i saw the smoke bellowing as I come over the hill near Eastbourne golf club. I'm a talksport man. Is that worse?

Edit: No one hurt thank god.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Insurance scam, nothing to see here

bit of an arse hat arent you? a pier on fire is an event to see whether a insurance scam or not. which it probably isnt, doesnt make alot of sence midday in July full of kids.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
bit of an arse hat arent you? a pier on fire is an event to see whether a insurance scam or not. which it probably isnt, doesnt make alot of sence midday in July full of kids.

Will you forgive me for my Atlantis comment (it really is a HOLE)!?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Will you forgive me for my Atlantis comment (it really is a HOLE)!?

certainly as thats HUMOUR. and probably true. (i recall it as something else... ropey but ok)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
certainly as thats HUMOUR. and probably true. (i recall it as something else... ropey but ok)

Haha cheers. Yeh it's not the best place I've ever been. Am thankfully going back some years though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here