Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Government ends ban on steel-string guitars in prison cells

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The loss of their freedom is the punishment. To isolate people for years and allow them to do nothing is a sure fire way of destroying any hope of rehabilitation.

So what your saying is that people like, Rolf Harris, shouldn't be kept isolated, and be given benefits?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This thread is crying out for a prison/guitar pun but I am really struggling with this one.

Not a pun, more a song I penned for the incarceration of Lauryn Hill...

Paying my dues in the slammer
Pacing around in the yard
Cleaning the bog with a toothbrush
Wearing an orange, jumpsuit

I heard the slam behind me, I heard the scuttling rats
all because, I didn't pay my VATs...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So what your saying is that people like, Rolf Harris, shouldn't be kept isolated, and be given benefits?

Rolf wont get any benefits because he is an Australian not a Romanian :thumbsup:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
What trouble? they are locked up in rooms (well, most of them), plus they already have open tours of the UK, prisoners from open jail always go on the run

I have no experience but I don't think most of them are locked up for most of the day. I've seen enough news reports over the years to confirm they can cause trouble if they want to.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
For people who murder, such as the likes of Michael Adebolajo, and Michael Adebowale they should be kept in a prison like the Lincoln Gaol

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm sure [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] will be pleased that all prisoners can now add the ability to perform Billy Bragg's back catalogue to their CVs :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What about re-offenders then who have been through this whole smoke screen they call rehabilitating? They still get the same benefits as when they first offended, suggesting they learned nothing the first time round.

If prisons were actually what they were originally, a scary place to go to with no benefits, not as many would want to go to jail

I very much doubt re-offenders get the same rehabilitation second time round.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Can't think of a worse punishment, tbh, the thought of a hundred and fifty badly strummed guitars going off simultaneously :ohmy:

Six perfect steel cables from guitars can make a nice noose for those who give up listening to it all

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Six strings is too good for prisoners.

They need three-string cigar box guitars -- but with the broad arrow burned into the cigar box.

angle.jpg

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What trouble? they are locked up in rooms (well, most of them), plus they already have open tours of the UK, prisoners from open jail always go on the run

You've made yourself look like a right div on this thread.

So do you think prisoners are banged up on there own in cell 24/7? What about their daily exercise? What about association? What about going to work or their education courses? What about when the go to the gym or the library or to get their food? Or should we stop all that as well?

Also do you think each prisoner is handed a guitar when they get out of the prison wagon? They don't! It's a privilege that would have to be earned and approved by the governor.

Ditto getting to open prison only the very low risk prisoners will end up there. Granted people do fail to return but have a look at the stats in 2013 roughly 200 prisons failed to return whilst ROTL. When you consider there are just shy of 90k prisoners in this country then it makes your claim a bit daft really.

Finally your comment about making prisons nice places to go I suggest you spend a couple of nights behind bars and see how "easy" you seem to think it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here