Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would YOU like the Albion to be taken over by a Middle East State?

Would you Like the Albion to be taken over by a Middle Eastern state?

• Total voters

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
who care's about champions league if you can only afford to go watch your team a couple of times a season. If the Albion earnt their way up there that would be different, but I think someone coming in and buying the club and then pouring money in to it to take it to that level would actually feel like the club was being taken away from us.

It's beginning to feel a lot like that at times already. That's not a complaint, just a comment on how the club feels these days. The Albion is now a fully fledged business operation first and foremost so if someone stinking rich wanted to plough a crazy amount of money in-why not? Parachute payments and ridiculous wage demands are making it so difficult now for clubs like ours to progress so maybe Arab money is the way to go?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
God no, it's not football and more about which foreign owner can spunk the most amount of money on whichever player.

Damned right. A British money spunker is fine though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
honestly no. it wouldnt be "our club" so much anymore. though i've no problem with their money coming in, if not majority ownership and control.

Why would I be bothered about the nationality of the rich man who owned us? The club is run as a pure business now with next to no input for fans, so I doubt if we'd notice the difference.

Maybe I'd feel differently if we had the Swansea model of some supporters club representation but we don't, so that's that.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Absolutely "no", but in so saying it'll now be difficult for me to criticise Forests deal with Kuwait!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I would rather support a Championship club, owned by a supporter, and not for reasons of profit, as well as a chief sponsor with a huge stake in the local economy and a supporter base affiliated with the local region, than one in the Premier League which can boast of being successful and nothing else.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Money no object, two fingers at FFP and a realistic chance of the Champion's League in less than 10 years?

Does it sound attractive to you?

Don't know why but I would fricking HATE it, illogical maybe but I would.

Yes please! It's a money game now. Not saying that's good. But the game is ruined already.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Nope. Perfectly happy watching a decent Championship outfit in a cracking stadium for £38 a month. Often we win, sometimes we don't, either way I enjoy it. Much rather out current model.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I feel like a consumer more than a football fan as it is tbh. The club is run as a business, with corporate identity, expensive larger and buzzwords like PLR being the order of the day.

Why not go the whole hog and see Champions League football as well? Does the nationality of the financier really make any difference?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I would rather support a Championship club, owned by a supporter, and not for reasons of profit, as well as a chief sponsor with a huge stake in the local economy and a supporter base affiliated with the local region, than one in the Premier League which can boast of being successful and nothing else.

This

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Poor poll design. There's no option for 'a dodgy Russian petro-spiv...'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here