Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunderstorms

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
A fair few rumblings in Littlehampton and the odd flashes of lightening, but nothing as biblical as it seems in Worthing/Hove!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Really going off here in Crawley. Loud bangs and flashes. I can hear dogs barking which is strange because they normally shit themselves.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Worthing Station under a foot of water. Passengers stranded on middle platforms and being advised not to wade through the water due to potential electric problems. More lightening on the way.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Stopped for the moment in Portslade. Great start to the week- I knew the weather would change when I saw the Express Headline on Friday saying we were in for another month of heatwave and record temperatures.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Various leaks in the ceiling of my top-floor flat. The bathroom one is particularly impressive as it was, for a time, pooling in the light fixtures and making the lights flick on and off at random.
Emergency roofers have now put tarpaulin over us so should be ok temporarily.
No rivers quite like that instagram round here.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Haywards Heath is taking a downpour lightning only few miles away fire engines racing up and down the road I would suggest stay at home unless essential to go out!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Well that was fun. Shot out of bed at ten to six by a huge flash of lightening and seagulls being hit by hailstones. Ice in next door's front garden, hail on our hearth from it getting down the chimney. That photo was taken exactly where the kids normally go on the school run. Friends in Elm Road have been completely flooded.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
A good storm here in Crawley with lots of heavy rain. A classic case of a convergence line where storms are very slow moving. They will eventually die away!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Nothing like a dramatic start to Monday morning, it was exciting hearing the claps of thunder getting closer. I was pleasantly surprised my Brighton to London Bridge train was running on time* and I've made it to my desk.

*when I say on time, I mean the obligatory 10 minute delay because one of the doors wouldn't close.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
From the Worthing Journal Facebook Page
ybary9yn.jpg
y3yvaza9.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron