Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Posh v Albion

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Hence why we have these games - to see how things work in an active game situation against another team. Bigger test next against Southampton.....who i presume will only be fielding one man and no dog.....as Liverpool bought it.

This is the situation I hope we have to cope with now we have the Academy

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Here we go. Results mean nothing,it's just a training exercise etc etc.

What i've witnessing on the stream is completely different. There's no pattern to our play. We don't look organised. A better team would be hammering us. Alarm bells are ringing for me at this early stage. It's not just the lack of new players but our coaching too.

Still it's only a friendly and doesn't matter.....

Have to say I agree, we are to slow getting forward, we are being hurried and making mistakes. Looking at our style of play today nothing seems to have changed, to many sideways, backwards passes. Getting caught out by quick breaks and not defending set pieces. Pre season games are for getting fitness levels up and here is the most worrying thing, for our play to start to gel together. Maybe with Ulloa going, this has had an impact on the players. 2 weeks today will be the first game of the season, I fear that we will struggle until the transfer window shuts, and if we can not get the right players in, then it will only be a matter of time before Sami goes/walks.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I am now even more worried about what lies ahead this season. We looked poor for much of the game and devoid of any real shape and ideas. Sami needs to learn fast and the club need to understand that this team will not be able effectively to compete in the Championship without 4-5 good quality signings.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Another 5 or 6 players needed to strengthen the squad.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Pot kettle black :clap:

My goodness, for such a wobbly little geek you're very sure of yourself aren't you? You're probably going to have your work cut out on here tonight as I imagine a few people will find the progress so far a touch disappointing, how are you going to cope with telling everybody that they don't know what they're talking about.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I agree performances not great as of yet. I would say though give Hyypia a chance to influence our style of play first and 2nd lets get some players if for him to work with. Judge a bit more come christmas time

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I havent said they are "wrong", each to their own. Im merely saying that what they are saying isnt actually logical and am challenging them.

Hence why we have these games - to see how things work in an active game situation against another team. Bigger test next against Southampton.....who i presume will only be fielding one man and no dog.....as Liverpool bought it.

what you are saying, old chap, is what we knew from last season areas we needed to improve in. As far as I can see, we haven't addressed these areas, still tippy-tappy sideways/backwards in midfield, no urgency in our rare excursions near their box.....do I need to continue.......a few of them look dis-interested to me.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Might be doing that a lot more this season if you a worried about a friendly result.....

Ill get you a tab set up in Debenhams for some.....

When we lose at home to Sheff Weds in the first game of the season, will that matter? I ask since based on what I have seen so far this season an opening day defeat looks inevitable.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
My goodness, for such a wobbly little geek you're very sure of yourself aren't you? You're probably going to have your work cut out on here tonight as I imagine a few people will find the progress so far a touch disappointing, how are you going to cope with telling everybody that they don't know what they're talking about.

Wobbly little geek ? Thanks. My my, your toys are being thrown out the pram early arent they !! We still have 2 weeks left to work things with 5 weeks of a transfer window left.

Now, want me to give your toys back so you can throw them out again if we lose to Southampton in a friendly where the result isnt actually important as most people in football will tell you ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
In a word (or is that 2 words)...

.... Under-prepared.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
About this time in 2 weeks could be interesting on NSC

It will be carnage in all probability - and if we haven't made 4-5 good quality players in the meantime it will be totally justified.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
I'm really not sure what everyone see's in Rohan Ince as a midfield player. He had some very good defensive displays last season, but his passing, vision and even his touch really aren't very good, especially when facing forward.
Yes of course he is a big, strong lad and made some good interceptions/last gasp tackles. But I want more than that from my midfield players!
Would much prefer to see him at centre back.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When we lose at home to Sheff Weds in the first game of the season, will that matter? I ask since based on what I have seen so far this season an opening day defeat looks inevitable.

FFS :facepalm: we're playing Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

That bridge can be crossed if it comes to it, 2 weeks today is when we can seriously start the judging. Changes are needed by then though, even I'll admit that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here