Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Passing has been terrible, no weight on it
the ball always sounds like its a rather heavy balloon
boing-boing and bounces to high

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I read absolutely nothing into friendly performances or results. If we were getting smashed in every one I might take a bit of notice but honestly they are just fitness exercises.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
For 500k, O`Grady looks like a sound addition. He has a physical edge and quickly brings others in to play. A number of Championship clubs would be happy with him and CMS, aside of a marquee signing to come.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Hughes reasonably ok, but got badly skinned by their 14.
Kemy v poor.
Buckley pretty much absent
Casper made 2 decent saves
Fenelon looking sharp and covering back
Chicksen ok, but no cover when he goes forward
O'Grady making some excellent lay-offs. Ball not bouncing off him. MoM so far for me.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
People should probably remember that this is ONLY a friendly, we wont necessarily play this relaxed this season. I think Sami would like to see his players get through pre-season in one piece, hence why it isnt as rapid.

Only important thing about a friendly is game-time, working out tactics and fitness. Also disagree with the Kemy bashing, he hasnt been THAT bad - but some passes have been poor, maybe he is too relaxed today. Shame as he hasnt had a bad pre-season so far.

Yes it is only a friendly and the result is academic. But there should be players out there trying to impress Sami and paying to be first choice. Sami has also got a lot of work to do to see who can do what, who fits best where etc.

I'm not dismissing it as some sort of run about. Think Kemy has been crap too, not bashing him for the sake of it but his passing has been dreadful

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Yes it is only a friendly and the result is academic. But there should be players out there trying to impress Sami and paying to be first choice. Sami has also got a lot of work to do to see who can do what, who fits best where etc.

I'm not dismissing it as some sort of run about. Think Kemy has been crap too, not bashing him for the sake of it but his passing has been dreadful

Ever thought that Sami has told them not to push too hard ? Pushing yourself too much and getting an injury will not get you picked and could see you not get picked for sometime if the player covering your position impresses. Obviously Kemy being good in other games but having a few poor passes today makes him totally shit to a fair few in the eyes of NSC....who of course are still looking for a Barnes character to berate and abuse - only a few want that of course.

Oh, and Hughes hasnt been too bad either.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The huge amount of footballing experts on NSC will be gutted to learn that O'Grady is looking a quality signing

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hand ****ing ball ref!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Another goal conceded from a corner

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005