Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most famous player you have played agaist

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Following on from top 5 grounds. ,who has been lucky enough to play against a famous footballer.

for me it was playing against George Best ,He turned out as a ringer for one of the brokers my bank played against on the plastic pitch at QPR . he must have been 50 but the swerve and dropping of shoulder to get that extra bit of space or beat somebody was incredible . Had a good drink in the bar after too ! After that I guess the next was sully playing in a Sunday league match .

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Some ex Moroccan international called Mo. Obviously not a household name, but the difference in the power of his shot to mortals like me was plain to see. Must be almost 50 now too.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Played cricket against Trevor Hebberd, the old Southampton player: caught him for a quacker. And played in playground games with Tony Towner when we were at primary school

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Played cricket against Paul Scholes when he was about 15 and he was at Newton Heath. The little shite ran out our opening bat who was on 199 and waving his bat to the pavilion as he jogged for what he thought was an easy single to get his double ton.

Have also played cricket against Steve Bruce and with Gehan Mendis and Adrian Jones.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Played with and against Gareth Barry. Also played against Scott Parker, Joe Cole, Titus Bramble and probably many others in various youth teams that went on to make it pro. The West Ham Youth side I imagine had a whole team full of success stories. If only I still had the matchday programme for that one.

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk
Played cricket against a Mr steve gritt about 2 yrs after Hereford away. Have to admit I made no attempt to prevent him scoring runs through point!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
John Bond Ken Brown when playing for Union Jack old boys club also Tony Towner(hove park) he was 15 also exQPR player in the early 1970 who was playing and coaching West Hoathly FC can't remember his name to long ago and drink now with an ex Spurs keeper!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here