Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough fans banned for life for ripping up Koran

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I can't remember the last time it was rammed down my throat.

He took a Koran to a football match and ripped it up to offend. Case closed.

However, I agree with Bushy. If someone did that with the bible, I'm unconvinced he/she would be treated the same.

They wouldn't they got done for racial aggrevated harrasment, whatever that is and at whom. I am sure if they had decent legal representation they could of challenged that.

I myself have no problem in burning holy books of any faith, followed by their preachers and acolytes. These are some of the stupid political crimes the tories should of dumped.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
My wife gets very upset and frightened when she meets an Arab with the veil on. Should this be allowed in shopping centres?. If I walked in with a mask on,would it be allowed?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
They died to keep Britain BRITISH, I am sure that if they knew that in 70 years time we would be bending over backwards to accommodate Islam then they would question the reasons why they bothered.
I'm pretty sure you can be British and Islamic at the same time.

In fact, I think you can believe in anything you want (I'm partial to the flying spaghetti monster myself) and still be allowed to keep the passport.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
They died to keep Britain BRITISH, I am sure that if they knew that in 70 years time we would be bending over backwards to accommodate Islam then they would question the reasons why they bothered.

They were actually fighting against a regime that was persecuting a religious minority! They certainly weren't fighting for the right to be able to encourage religious intolerance!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My wife gets very upset and frightened when she meets an Arab with the veil on. Should this be allowed in shopping centres?. If I walked in with a mask on,would it be allowed?

No but there are different rules for us. Balaclava no, Viel yes.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So much depends on how it is done and the intent behind those actions. If the intent is simply to convey my beliefs that your religion is a load of hocus pocus then that is fine - if however my intention is to display a hatred for your religion with the object of causing you offence or distress or encouraging others to do so then that is wrong as well as being illegal.

It is the same with sexual orientation, gender or race. Expressing your beliefs in respect to any of those is not illegal. Inciting hatred, discriminating or causing offence based on any of them is wrong as well as being illegal.
I partially agree. I would take issue with the statement that it is wrong to cause offence. Quite honestly, in that case, I may not be able to say I disagree with Muslim theology, a Muslim may not be able to disagree with a homosexual lifestyle, a homosexual may not be able to disagree with a Christian viewpoint and so on. I personally do not wish to insult or upset anyone but I passionately believe we should defend the right to free speech. That is certainly one of the most important reasons we needed to beat the Nazis, for freedom of expression. The way things are going, if anyone of whatever religious or lifestyle persuasion becomes offended, the law gets involved and yet another piece of freedom is chipped away simply because we are so frightened of hurting one another's feelings.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I wonder what the Muslim population in Britain was in 1939/1945?

The sacrifice made by Muslims fighting for Britain in the World Wars is being marked on Thursday as the nation remembers on Armistice Day.

More than 3.5million soldiers from the Asian subcontinent fought for Britain in the two conflicts, with tens of thousands killed in action.

The 2.5million men and women who came over to do their bit in World War II became the biggest volunteer force in history.

http://metro.co.uk/2010/11/10/armistice-day-muslims-contribution-must-not-be-forgotten-577418/

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
They were actually fighting against a regime that was persecuting a religious minority! They certainly weren't fighting for the right to be able to encourage religious intolerance!

We fought the Nazis because they tried to take over Europe---the religion stuff didn't affect our decision to fight them.
Creaky-----once again you worry me:facepalm:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We have another zealot. Quite a list coming to light now, Israeli, Arabic, Muslim, Jewish etc etc.

Amazing how these people live here, but are so very passionate, and partisan, about what happens elsewhere. Many will be of our indigenous population, some will not be, but they are joined by their intolerance of viewpoints other than their own.

So someone burnt a book, get over it, and stop encouraging others to take offence.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Very clever article, starts off with the big headline "Muslims contribution", and 3.5m etc, then it states in smaller print "More than 3.5million soldiers from the Asian subcontinent"......so included in amongst the "Asians" are presumably the Sikhs, Ghurkha's and many many others.

And it still doesn't answer the original Question.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
One of the problems is a soon as Islam or muslims raises its head the political left turns into a bunch of snivelling bitches prostrating themselves. Maybe they think in their tiny minds this will cancell out all the hate or something, truth is it make matters worse by agitating people and encouraging extremists.

When I speak with Muslims I point out this type and tell them that they are a noisey minority and not the ones they have to deal with for any future in the UK. Most get this straight away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here