Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is worried for the albion this season

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Sometimes worried and negative , other times positive and tb won't let us down .

Guess I'm a super bed licker

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I'm worried, really worried.............for the teams we're going to leave in our wake as we stroll into the Premier League.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Between the lack of signings and the inevitable pre-season injuries we're picking up it's not looking good as things stand.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Very - but then I'm such a 'bed-wetter' that I can almost swim in my mattress :wink:

I have nightmares that paul barber has imprisoned tb under a two pint beer cup and its up to me to get glen murray to help,the problem i'm stuck in the middle of bennys field in my bond bug but its a ploughed field with no exits so i'm having to get r r to pull me out but he miss hears and well you can imagine the rest................:rolleyes:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I haven't been worried about the Albion since 1998 when we had the worst team in living memory and no ground.

I'll put your concern down to being genuinely eager for success and fearing that we may not deliver (which is probably well-founded). If that is the case then 80% of your time following the Albion will be like that, so treat this season as life experience.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Oh FFS, yes we haven't signed many players yet, i think your worried because you want us to get promoted, well we tried spending a lot to get promoted, and that worked didn't it?, I think what the club are trying to to is to bring through a bunch of players from the youth team, á la Fergie's fledglings... Im not expecting promotion or even play offs this season, but I'm not worried...

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Local radio here announced today that Shrewsbury Town's new manager, Micky Mellon, has just made his SIXTEENTH signing of the summer !!!
They were relegated from L1 to L2 last year - I have no idea of the cost nor quality of the new 16 but looks like their recruitment team have been working jolly hard.

How many for us so far, is it 2 or 3 .....

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not worried one bit, we have a squad made of STEEL and well placed to mount an automatic promotion run. I have no idea what everyone is so bothered about, who needs a goalkeeper anyway, just stick an outfield player in goal and have him play sweeper keeper.

As for left backs, they're boring, we should just play two left wingers. Honestly I think we're the strongest team in the league, if not the country right now, and any signing would have to be ridiculously brilliant to outclass our current crop of Galacticos.

Am I a real fan yet? :moo:

Amongst the many pathetic posts today, this is the most pathetic.

Is anyone actually saying we don't need any more players? Is anyone saying anything like this pathetic post. All we're saying is to give the club a chance. Don't moan just wait and see what happens. In an ideal world we'd have our squad in place by now but life doesn't work like that. How many teams have got their squad in place now? Very few I'd imagine. We only sold Ulloa on Monday so give the club a chance to use that money.

People forget that two years ago we signed Orlandi, Lopez, Dobbie and Hammond on deadline day and ended up fourth. It's hardly the end of the world where we are.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Local radio here announced today that Shrewsbury Town's new manager, Micky Mellon, has just made his SIXTEENTH signing of the summer !!!
They were relegated from L1 to L2 last year - I have no idea of the cost nor quality of the new 16 but looks like their recruitment team have been working jolly hard.

How many for us so far, is it 2 or 3 .....

So boring. I'm sure we could have signed those 16. It's not difficult at that level (Adams did it for us at Withdean). Birmingham have signed 10 or 11 so far. Look at the list and tell me how many of those you would be happy with us signing. I'd imagine not many. It's simple, signing players is easy, signing quality players is not.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I am seriously worried for us this season, two weeks to go we have no assistant manager, we have not replaced our keeper, we have not replaced a left back, we have not replaced orlandi,lopez barnes and now ulloa, what is david burke doing

Just how far north of Chailey are you-----???

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
So boring. I'm sure we could have signed those 16. It's not difficult at that level (Adams did it for us at Withdean). Birmingham have signed 10 or 11 so far. Look at the list and tell me how many of those you would be happy with us signing. I'd imagine not many. It's simple, signing players is easy, signing quality players is not.

I so hope your analysis is 100% correct - your theory based on the $hit shifts first but the quality is always left until the end ....
Hmmm, not in normal economics supply & demand its not.
Still, fingers crossed, eh?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Amongst the many pathetic posts today, this is the most pathetic.

Is anyone actually saying we don't need any more players? Is anyone saying anything like this pathetic post. All we're saying is to give the club a chance. Don't moan just wait and see what happens. In an ideal world we'd have our squad in place by now but life doesn't work like that. How many teams have got their squad in place now? Very few I'd imagine. We only sold Ulloa on Monday so give the club a chance to use that money.

People forget that two years ago we signed Orlandi, Lopez, Dobbie and Hammond on deadline day and ended up fourth. It's hardly the end of the world where we are.

I think you've wrote that a few times about me now m8, if you have such a genuine problem I point you to the ignore feature :lolol:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think you've wrote that a few times about me now m8, if you have such a genuine problem I point you to the ignore feature :lolol:

So you're not going to bother justifying your post then? Fair enough. I have as much right to comment on it and call it pathetic as you do to post drivel. If we do start signing players, I guarantee you won't be posting on here. You'll probably be gutted.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I so hope your analysis is 100% correct - your theory based on the $hit shifts first but the quality is always left until the end ....
Hmmm, not in normal economics supply & demand its not.
Still, fingers crossed, eh?

Seriously, take a look at Birmingham's signings. How many of them do you want to play for us?

It may not fit with your normal economics but ask yourself who's more likely to sign for us if we offer them a contract. A player who's pretty poor at Championship level or an amazing player who could do better. I'm confident we will be okay in the end. We don't have an awful squad at the moment, despite what people say, and four or five quality additions will turn it into one that will challenge for the top six. If we get to late August without those additions, I will start to worry. Until then, what's the point?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
IMHO DB et al are too ****ing slow. Those who can't see we need at least 5 quality additions BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS (should have already happened BTW - see on) haven't got a ****ing clue. They are just club apologists. Get your ****ing rose-tinted spectacles off people.

As said above, the margins in the Championship are very small. We therefore cannot affords a slow start. Which means we need the squad together now (should have been much earlier).

I'm so ****ing bored of all the know-it-all tw@ts on here saying over and over "we can wait until the start of pre-season training / (then) the first friendly / (then) the first game of the season / (then) the end of the window... all massive BS.. the club need to act NOW.

If you don't like reading this, then tough. Just stop spouting the club-line over and over.

Even our beloved new manager realises we are 'running out of time'. Shame the apologists on here can't see it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think the op has a point. Once again another disruptive summer & lack of activity til prob mate in the window (common I know)... That team we lines up with against Derby first game at the Amex last season was horrific & we really threw away a good 3 games to start with due to lack of quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here