Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New at the Amex - 2 pint cup of Harvey's

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
A few pubs I watched the world cup in had these, great idea but a right pain to carry more than 2 of them if its your round.

Would 8 or 9 pounds for two pints be that ridiculous? Pretty much standard price per pint where I am in east London so you'd expect slightly inflated prices at a football stadium. Do people honestly expect to pay lets say 3 quid a pint?
Yes it would be. And the Amex is NOT in London, it's effectively in East Brighton, so no I don't expect to pay £9 for two pints, and I certainly don't expect to pay more at football ground (standing up drinking out of plastic) than I do in a proper pub. I appreciate that everyone can spend their money how they like and if you think it's reasonable then fine - but personally I always resent being taken for a mug to be fleeced for as much as possible.

Which brings me to another point. Yes I know all about FFP, maximising income streams, yada yada yada - but for transport purposes one of the things the club needs is for the crowds to stagger their arrivals and departures. If the beer is going to be over-priced people will be less inclined to come early and leave late. Personally I'll drink in the Bugle (£3.60 for a pint of Harveys) and then get the 25 bus in time for kick-off or just after. There's more to it than simply trying to rinse the fans for every last penny.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Think twice before complaining about the choice of ales at The Amex. A fellow NSC member and I fancied a nice cold beer in the heat at London Road today but were told 'sorry, no beer'. On querying 'why?' the kiosk staff answered that 'beer will not be served at all this season'.........:eek:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A fiver, or very near it, a pint is normal in London......

Based on the comments here I am lopoking forward to much SHORTER queues on the concourse as everyone has decided not to drink at the ground at 4.50/pint :drink:

Even for piss like Fosters or Harveys ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here