NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Are we allowed to take our own steins?

10730German_beer_stein.jpg

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
I find this concept scarily exciting. I do love to get 2 pints down at half time but rarely is there time. Maybe they could actually pour them in advance!

Jan 30, 2008
If the price of a beer has gone up to either £4.50 a pint or £9 for 2 then I will quite simply not be drinking anything at the Stadium.

I suspect The Swan may have to put on extra staff on matchdays though.
i gave up half way through the first season there, better off in the boozers BEFORE AND AFTER :cheers:
regards
DR

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Surely this is inviting irresponsible drinking?

I'm on about the 2 pinter, not the Harveys in it, which has always been irresponsible drinking, even in halves.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Disgraceful. I would like to see a four pint option introduced. And a straw.
172-06601P1.jpg

You need Yankee ingenuity...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Playground answer. Are you old enough to even drink beer ?

I'll try and answer your question a different way. The term Craft beer comes from the States. In essence the producer of a Craft beer should be trying to make the best beer possible. Many believe that if you stick to CAMRA rules or brew generic largers for volume rather than taste, your brew really isn't craft. Compare a London Meantime beer to something Harvey's would produce. London Meantime won't let their beer be ruined by unscrupulous landlords by using casks so most of their draughts are put in kegs. It's not the 70's anymore so keg ale is live, carbonation is natural & not added like in cheap larger, filtering is done without dead fish gut and secondary fermentation is done in the brewery rather than a cask (The CAMRA website paints a very different picture of keg beer taken from the 70's if you'd prefer that version) 21st century brewing methods like dry hopping ( & hop guns!) are used although even Brewdog would probably admit they are about 10 years behind some American brewers when it comes to brewing technology. Harvey's is all about local hops and malt, London Meantime want the best hops and malt for the type of beer they wish to produce so they source from around the world because they are interested in taste not tradition and CAMRA rules. American hops are imported in for their different (mainly aromatic) characteristics to UK hops, German malt is used too because they produce some of the best in the world. My favourite analogy is that Harvey's is like a Jaguar E-Type and a modern Craft beer such as Brewdog Punk IPA is like an Audi R8. Real Ale is about tradition and rules ( do we really drink cask ale warm because of taste or is it because cask ale needs to be stored at 16 degrees in a warm room for secondary fermentation) craft is about innovation, taste and refinement. There are no rules with Craft beers much to the horror of many a CAMRA committee! Harvey's tastes nice but who wants a beer the same temperature as their own piss when it's 30 degrees outside?

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I recall that after the Fat Boy Slim concert a few years ago where the prices were raised for that, they never came down again.

You recall wrongly.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Two pint cups does seem a little irresponsible when some football fans become a bit belligerent after just one! But then it will virtually halve the time to spend the best part of a tenner which can only be good for the club.

Incidentaly, went to Dicks to grab a sandwich on Thursday lunchtime when I went to the kit/shop launch. Chose said butty marked with sticky label £3.50 in accordance with large sign behind counter only to be asked for £4. Queried it only to be told 'the prices have gone up today'.

So a) I think we can assume the beer will be more expensive
And b) In what world did the club think it would be a good idea to increase prices during the day they invite a load of people to the club. If they had half a wit, they would do it the day before, not change all the prices on the electronic tills and leave the labels and signage on old prices. Muppets!

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Last edited:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Playground answer. Are you old enough to even drink beer ?

It's better than Watneys Red Barrel if that answers your question. The reason they are in at the Amex is because they are the biggest local brewer..............they can cope with demand......... Absolutely nothing to do with being a great beer. Their beers all have the same twang because they use the same ingredients - certainly with their yeasts - so don't mention them in the same breath as the better brewers.

Harvey's at the Amex = Any port in a storm.

Last edited:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
I'll try and answer your question a different way. The term Craft beer comes from the States. In essence the producer of a Craft beer should be trying to make the best beer possible. Many believe that if you stick to CAMRA rules or brew generic largers for volume rather than taste, your brew really isn't craft. Compare a London Meantime beer to something Harvey's would produce. London Meantime won't let their beer be ruined by unscrupulous landlords by using casks so most of their draughts are put in kegs. It's not the 70's anymore so keg ale is live, carbonation is natural & not added like in cheap larger, filtering is done without dead fish gut and secondary fermentation is done in the brewery rather than a cask (The CAMRA website paints a very different picture of keg beer taken from the 70's if you'd prefer that version) 21st century brewing methods like dry hopping ( & hop guns!) are used although even Brewdog would probably admit they are about 10 years behind some American brewers when it comes to brewing technology. Harvey's is all about local hops and malt, London Meantime want the best hops and malt for the type of beer they wish to produce so they source from around the world because they are interested in taste not tradition and CAMRA rules. American hops are imported in for their different (mainly aromatic) characteristics to UK hops, German malt is used too because they produce some of the best in the world. My favourite analogy is that Harvey's is like a Jaguar E-Type and a modern Craft beer such as Brewdog Punk IPA is like an Audi R8. Real Ale is about tradition and rules ( do we really drink cask ale warm because of taste or is it because cask ale needs to be stored at 16 degrees in a warm room for secondary fermentation) craft is about innovation, taste and refinement. There are no rules with Craft beers much to the horror of many a CAMRA committee! Harvey's tastes nice but who wants a beer the same temperature as their own piss when it's 30 degrees outside?

And that is why I can't be bothered with CAMRA. They did a great job in the day but are now to narrow in their thinking. Anyway why drink Harvey's in the ground when you can be sipping all manner of great stuff in Craft or any of the other great pubs in and around the station.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And that is why I can't be bothered with CAMRA. They did a great job in the day but are now to narrow in their thinking. Anyway why drink Harvey's in the ground when you can be sipping all manner of great stuff in Craft or any of the other great pubs in and around the station.
I have never had anytime for CAMRA as in the 80s they used The Mapie in Epsom for their meetings saying how good the Courage Best and Directors was. The guv Robbie Brown was going skint and had to pay cash before delivery and asked me to look after the pub. While he was away on holiday he ran out of beer so I bought 2 kegs of Toby Bitter from a wholesaler in Wimbledon removed the centre piece and dangled the pipes in the kegs. Nobody not even the CAMRA members noticed the difference. So much for their knowledge of good beer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here