Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barbers Response (New Shirt)

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Deleted; didn't realise someone had bounced this from 3 years ago!!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
It could be printed on a black bin bag for all l care...l would still wear my shirt with pride (except the old Nobo kit with the stripey shorts!!)

Beautiful..:shrug:

brighton-stripes.png

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
But, it is an iron on sponsor logo isn't it? Just individual letters rather than a large white patch. Mums will still need to heed not to wash too got or tumble dry otherwise it could curl up and peel off.

You sound the expert - do you do the laundry in your household?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Given that Barber seems to get a lot of these kinds of half-arsed emails on trivial topics from fans, and apparently replies to them all quickly, politely and sensibly, and given that he also has a much bigger job to do running the football club, do we actually have any hard evidence that it really is him replying to them?
It's perfectly possible that there's a graduate intern or similar, on a lot less than £450k p.a. doing it (with a brief to make sure that they send only well-written personalised replies), and that it's only the more serious, difficult ones which get left for PB himself to reply to.

Nice thought but nope. He does all of em.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Now that looks like an iron in TSB bank logo - don't remember anybody moaning back then

Not just an iron on logo, it's one of those huge chunky 3-d felt ones... I've thought of wearing this shirt to matches on numerous occasions only to take it off after 5 minutes as it is just horrible to wear :lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Of course he is, I take that back. And I thought I was being SO funny!

Hehe, I don't get mum to wash mine, she'd refuse, and she lives 200 miles away, and she's 80, and I have a wife [emoji51]. The thing is, iron on logos and badges etc do come off in tumble driers, and as has been said, who'd admit to doing that? But I guarantee you people do, I leant my Tibet shirt to a friend for a party, it got washed after, and tumbled, and now has a screwed up badge and a permanent screwed up and chucked on the floor look.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I also thought that this was a thread about the current shirt. Does PB still respond to individual emails or are those days gone now we are massive?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Odd bounce! But on this topic, this is the first nike home shirt I've bought as it no longer comes with an iron on sponsor, huzzah! I can't be the only one who has done the same!

******* bouncer. Read 7 pages before I realised this was 3 years old :rant:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
1. The problem is not with the heat press, it's with that big white box which just looks ridiculous.
2. Could Nike not have designed a shirt where there were no stripes in the middle so individual letters could be ironed on?
3. This poll suggests that a significant proportion (albeit from a small sample) are not happy with the new shirt: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?305397-The-Stick-on-Sponsor-on-the-New-Kit

Just because we've done better than previous years in terms of shirt sales (as you would expect), does not mean we cannot do better.

I was never going to get the shirt anyway, but I would have liked the club to have done better as it would have been good for business.

I'm glad they listened to me. Shame about the other crap they added to the shirt!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
First i thought something was up was when i saw Brightonmark 1234 posting, i thought oh is he back, im sure he's just having his view :lol: whatever happened to mark anyway? He used to be on here all the time.

Uncanny the similarities 3 years on though, end of July and people moaning cos weve only made 3 signings andvrecord sales for a shirt that so many on here dont like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here