Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barbers Response (New Shirt)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Nothing to do with buying it, but a plain back and iron on sponsor looks terrible. Another reason not to go to home games next season.

Ha, what an idiot.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Nothing to do with buying it, but a plain back and iron on sponsor looks terrible. Another reason not to go to home games next season.

hmjpi0a.gif

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Finally, with orders for the new shirt already 400% up on the previous best ever selling Albion shirt

That can only be judged on pre sales v pre sales last time. They have clearly pushed pre orders far more this time. Would like to final sales and how they compare. Last time people waited to see what the kit looked like, they then bought it in droves because it was good.

I can see the second spell of sales being much much lower.

Also worth noting they have released three kits in one go. Don't think they did that last time, but happy to be told I am wrong?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
That can only be judged on pre sales v pre sales last time. They have clearly pushed pre orders far more this time. Would like to final sales and how they compare. Last time people waited to see what the kit looked like, they then bought it in droves because it was good.

I can see the second spell of sales being much much lower.

Also worth noting they have released three kits in one go. Don't think they did that last time, but happy to be told I am wrong?

Agree ... the actual comment doesn't have a lot of credibility given we're talking pre sales only.

Mine went back yesterday although I'd imagine the vast majority who don't like it will just wear it anyway and not bother returning. Also there will always be people and kids that don't really care too much, just want the latest shirt and that's fine.

I fully understand why PB would publicly be pushing back on criticism, of course he would. I hope though that privately he (whoever responsible) is taking the wide range of views, processing them and then feeding back into the next "release" or redesign. That would be the mark of a good businessman!

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Given that Barber seems to get a lot of these kinds of half-arsed emails on trivial topics from fans, and apparently replies to them all quickly, politely and sensibly, and given that he also has a much bigger job to do running the football club, do we actually have any hard evidence that it really is him replying to them?
It's perfectly possible that there's a graduate intern or similar, on a lot less than £450k p.a. doing it (with a brief to make sure that they send only well-written personalised replies), and that it's only the more serious, difficult ones which get left for PB himself to reply to.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Surely the bigger question is - why not release the Orange kit straight away?

Know a fair few people who have asked me when it's avaliable and it's got a lot of love on here as well as Twitter etc...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Odd bounce! But on this topic, this is the first nike home shirt I've bought as it no longer comes with an iron on sponsor, huzzah! I can't be the only one who has done the same!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Given that Barber seems to get a lot of these kinds of half-arsed emails on trivial topics from fans, and apparently replies to them all quickly, politely and sensibly, and given that he also has a much bigger job to do running the football club, do we actually have any hard evidence that it really is him replying to them?
It's perfectly possible that there's a graduate intern or similar, on a lot less than £450k p.a. doing it (with a brief to make sure that they send only well-written personalised replies), and that it's only the more serious, difficult ones which get left for PB himself to reply to.

I'm pretty certain he answers them all himself.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Odd bounce! But on this topic, this is the first nike home shirt I've bought as it no longer comes with an iron on sponsor, huzzah! I can't be the only one who has done the same!

But, it is an iron on sponsor logo isn't it? Just individual letters rather than a large white patch. Mums will still need to heed not to wash too got or tumble dry otherwise it could curl up and peel off.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
But, it is an iron on sponsor logo isn't it? Just individual letters rather than a large white patch. Mums will still need to heed not to wash too got or tumble dry otherwise it could curl up and peel off.

Careful. PC brigade is often on patrol on NSC :)

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Who the hell puts a football shirt in the tumble dryer and why would anyone put it on a hot wash, for folks sake it's not muddy, you've only worn it to watch a game of football...!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
"the vast majority of supporters do not share your particular opinion"... a tad presumptive.

But a reasonable presumption I'd say.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
It could be printed on a black bin bag for all l care...l would still wear my shirt with pride (except the old Nobo kit with the stripey shorts!!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here