Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£900k for Frazier Campbell

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Frazier Campbell is a very good striker and IMO is very worth a bottom half prem side taking a gamble on. Much better than the same old faces given their chance such as Kevin Doyle, Carlton Cole, and that other Irish lad up front for west brom who's name escapes me. No way will he be signing for Brighton!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I've heard its nearer £600 k than £900 k , a absolute bargain .

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Why do you assume he'd live in Croydon? I'd say 99% of CPFC players live in huge houses in lovely towns in Surrey. It's effectively the same as saying Brighton players live in Lewes Road as it's close to the stadium.

I'd much rather live in Sussex than Surrey myself but that's because of where I was brought up, apart from that there's no way he'd choose to leave Cardiff for another Championship club, regardless of wages.

All this deal shows to me is what a good deal you got for Ulloa. Campbell had a better strike rate in his last season at Champ level than Ulloa and he's going for less than a million quid, weird.

Good signing if you ask me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I've heard its nearer £600 k than £900 k , a absolute bargain .

Reports in the media suggest you've paid the release clause figure of £800k , rising to £1M if Palace can avoid relegation this season alongside the usual appearance bonuses.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
A real bargain if this is true. You won't find a better striker for that kind of money anywhere because of the current ludicrously inflated transfer fees for players.

£900k for a proven Premiership goalscorer, or a possible £10m for a 15 goal a season Championship striker.

I know which one i'd prefer.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Agreed we're never going to pay some no-mark journeyman £40K a week. But at some point TB will have to invest in the playing side that will reach the snouts-in-trough Promised Land of the Premier League and allow him to start recouping some of his massive investment. That's never going to happen with promising youth team players and short term loans. The less investment in the playing side I see, the more I'm inclined to think he'll sell out to a bidder with more funds to invest in the playing side of things.

As stated numerous times, a new buyer has to take on the whole of the clubs debts and then also pay the fee that the seller wants for the club. This means that you are looking at covering Blooms expenses (as he won't give up on this easily, especially as he has invested so much, why would he let someone else gain the advantage rather than himself or the club?)

Who in their right mind would take on this infrastucure debt (which currently gets converted into shares in 20 odd years time if they can't be paid back) plus the losses we have racked up at Withdean and since movbing to the Amex, and also then fund a push to the premiership, spending the sort of ridiculous sums you wish to see as you think thats the only way we can gain promotion (even though it is not guarenteed to work as demonstrated time and time again)

You could be talking £200m+, why would they buy a Championship team for that when they can buy a ready made Premier League team for less?

Also, 2 years of finishing in the play-offs and you make it sound like we were played like were just looking to avoid relegation, and we finished the last 2 seasons without any hope of going up - we were 2 games away both seasons ffs yet this fact keeps escaping these fickle fans who think we have no chance of ever going up unless we spend millions more than we should for the long term sake of the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here