Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club lose Bennett's Field

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Thanks for that Big Belly.

I assume you also remember that I was the one that when others on here were concerned for your welfare, I phoned and texted you and generally tried to help you out. I seem to recall you being very grateful at the time and haevn't spoken to you since.

But thanks for the nice comment. I don't own a violin, come from a working class background, and have supported the Albion since the 1970's but if you want to label me as a posh snob just because I chose to treat myself to good seats in the stadium then please proceed to abuse me.

The first one has got you a month's ban. I will leave it to my fellow mods to decide if this was too harsh or not harsh enough.

Lieing attention seeker who has been previously banned? I'd say you're being very kind.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
When he sees the price corns fetching at market this week i doubt he will be planting anythin other than a few mother and child bays for the new Lidls hypermarket .

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Lieing attention seeker who has been previously banned? I'd say you're being very kind.

Just to stick up for Big Belly / Footsoldier here.

I attended a nice bbq weekend before last and was told that he donated a driver ( rather apt for this thread ) to the REMF golf day which was auctioned for 300 quid. That shows a very, very caring side.

Let's cut him some slack, he's obviously got problems.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

I attended a nice bbq weekend before last and was told that he donated a driver ( rather apt for this thread ) to the REMF golf day which was auctioned for 300 quid. That shows a very, very caring side.

Thats all well n good donating a driver but wheres he gonna park x

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I heard rumour a while back that Mr Bennett was asking for a massive increase in annual rent as part of the lease renewal, in the order of around 400% of the value being paid under the existing lease. I imagine he thought the club had no choice but to pay. Seems he was wrong.

Don't play poker against Tony Bloom unless you are prepared to lose.

More likely .... because you know you'll lose. :) so now Mr Bennett will be meeting Sweet Fanny Adams in the field. A slight pain in the bum for me but serves him right. And if he comes back with a better offer I hope Mr Tony tells him where to shove it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Not an excuse to slag someone off without a good reason though.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
1100 spaces available to the club at the University (although only 700 for midweek games) - http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/9515039.Parking_rental_is_winner_for_university/r/?ref=rss
(First time I've seen what the Uni charge the club for the spaces BTW)

650 at BF - http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/inde..._receive_go_ahead_for_The_Amex_park_and_ride/

Interesting ... I didn't think there was that many at Uni.

Hopefully the (so called) Transport Manager won't see it as an opportunity to put even more in there. I'm glad to be out of it tbh

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Bloody hell, no wonder there are people moaning about having no XXXXXXXL shirts. It is a 2 min walk! In fact in the matchday traffic I would say it is quicker to walk than get the bus from there!

Both my elderly and disabled parents are in 1901. They wanted the extra comfort as they are in their 80's and walking even 100 yards takes them over 5 minutes so it is too far for them, especially when the ground is wet and slippery.

And yes, they are 'normal' fans. Definitely not posh or snobby.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
More likely .... because you know you'll lose. :) so now Mr Bennett will be meeting Sweet Fanny Adams in the field. A slight pain in the bum for me but serves him right. And if he comes back with a better offer I hope Mr Tony tells him where to shove it.

The email goes on to say that they may return to BF if they can come to an agreement later.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I pay to park in the Uni car park and I have recd a letter asking if I'm prepared to give a piggy back to 1901 members to and from the ground.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is it just me who assumed that Bennett's Field was a historical title? Never in a million years suspected there was an actual Mr Bennett. Whatever next? Its really going to screw up the trains if Mr Hayward wants his heath back or Mr Burgess will no longer allow access to his hill.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
There will be a lot of upset/angry people if the club can't reach an agreement over Bennetts Field.

Less of an issue than you think, Uni numbers have been falling and places expanded, sometimes CP1 which has roughly half or 500 had 350 spaces last season. With cup games withdrawn for next season even less will have renewed
1901 will prob get 4, 3 then 2 according to hierarchy and others in 1 with Uni ST holders. Issue maybe less than 100 & possibly 0 if they stopped selling Uni ST at the 450 leaving the 650 left to 1901

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I reckon a deal will be done once the go ahead for the hotel is given.

This. In fact I'd say the value of Bennett's field will increase if the hotel gets the go ahead.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Is it just me who assumed that Bennett's Field was a historical title? Never in a million years suspected there was an actual Mr Bennett. Whatever next? Its really going to screw up the trains if Mr Hayward wants his heath back or Mr Burgess will no longer allow access to his hill.
I never knew there was a Mr Bennett either. How ironic eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here