Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russian world cup should FIFA take it away?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
if it was taken off them, and then england got it, since the fa were the bitchiest about 2022, people will think there is something fishy going on and it'll all happen again

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I really don't know why UEFA doesn't break away from FIFA.

One World Cup without the big Euro teams will soon bring about a reorganisation.

Short term pain for long term gain.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
BREAKING NEWS

F.I.F.A. briefing

F.I.F.A.s organising committee has announced this afternoon , that due to the political situation in the Ukraine and the shooting down of the Malaysian airline flight MH17, His Excellency Sepp Blatter, has decreed that The World Cup(tm) 2018, has been removed from the remit of Russia, and will now be staged in thepeace loving country of---------------

ISRAEL

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Give 2018 to someone with a large number of up to scratch stadia - England, Italy or Spain I would suggest, then give 2022 to Australia. Can't hurt, they've got the sporting passion and stadia that could handle it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Russia and FIFA are made for each other - all ****s of the highest order.

and you have to give them time to stuff their back pockets with WONGA as well

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Beyond the joke now, boycott it for sure, let the sweaties win and they can go instead

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
If Russia hosts the 2018 WC I will be boycotting it on principle, it won't make a blind bit of difference in the grand scheme of things but I refuse to sanction FIFAs corruption by willingly participating in something so rotten to the core. International Football has lost any shred of credibility and FIFA appears broken beyond reform, I will stick to just supporting the Albion now until such time either a new world governing body takes over or FIFA undertakes a complete independent root and branch change of its entire structure and ditches every single corrupt money grabbing tosser in charge of individual federations. International Football is dead and FIFA has killed it.

Yoda

English & European
This was the best bit that caught my I reading his interview:

“Platini started it, but then it became politics. And when it is in politics, it is not any longer Platini against me, it is then those who have lost the World Cup. England against Russia. They lost the World Cup. And the USA lost the World Cup against Qatar. But you cannot destroy Fifa. Fifa is not the Swiss bank. Fifa is not a commercial company. So, what they have done together with the Swiss, they have created this attack towards Fifa and the president of Fifa.

“And you are from Tass and you know what are the problems between your country and the US. The Fifa World Cup or the Fifa president is a ball in the big political power game.”

Blatter said Platini’s dislike for him was because: “He wants to be Fifa president. But he had not the courage to go as the president. Fifa is working well. Since I became president of Fifa, we have made Fifa a big commercial company. And this naturally provokes envy and jealousy.”

So, which is it Sepp? Cannot be both can it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As the noose tightens its like a nest of vipers, all turning on each other to save their own necks.

Probably one too many metaphors there, but hey. Its Wednesday.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
This was the best bit that caught my I reading his interview:

So, which is it Sepp? Cannot be both can it?

That made me laugh too. Behind the business rhetoric are the ramblings of a desperate man. He's speaking to Russian media because only them and the Qataris listen to that charade anymore.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
That made me laugh too. Behind the business rhetoric are the ramblings of a desperate man. He's speaking to Russian media because only them and the Qataris listen to that charade anymore.
He is getting into position to do a Snowden and pisss off to Moscow when the shite hits the fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here