Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] LEO SAYS FAREWELL

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Departing Brighton & Hove Albion striker Leo Ulloa says the opportunity of playing in the Premier League was one which he simply could not turn down, and says he hopes fans will understand why he's departed for Leicester City.
The Argentine striker, who departs for a new club record transfer fee received, said, "I wasn't thinking about leaving Brighton. I've loved it here, my family have settled here and I was looking forward to another season - but when the opportunity is there in front of you, it's very hard to say no.
"I would have loved to reach the Premier League with Brighton, and we came close twice in the two seasons after I joined the club - but having that chance to play at the top level now is one I wanted to take.
"Brighton are an ambitious club, who are heading in the right direction, but this at this stage in my career I want the opportunity to play in the Premier League.

"The Brighton fans have been amazing to me since I arrived, and even out here in Spain they were great to me. I hope they understand that a part of me is sad to be leaving - and I thank them for the support they have shown me."
Ulloa has also backed new boss Sami Hyypia to be a hit with Albion, adding, "Everyone at the club has been great to me ever since I first arrived. Sami wanted me to stay, and the club too, he made that clear to me.
"I hope Sami understands my situation, as I've really enjoyed the last few weeks with him. He's a very good manager, the other players are enjoying his approach and I'm sure he can bring success with Brighton.
"It's a great club, with a very good set up, and I hope Brighton will soon be in the Premier League."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here