Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best atmosphere created by a referee at a Brighton game ever - Home and Away

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013

Two Leed's players sent off, one Brighton, amazing atmosphere when Diouf was sent off, and we won the game!

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely that gimp who refereed the Burnley game and sent off two Albion players in the first twenty minutes or so?

Not heard such a long rendition of the Great Escape, or so much sarcastic applause/cheering of every favourable decision in any other Amex game, certainly.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Surely that gimp who refereed the Burnley game and sent off two Albion players in the first twenty minutes or so?

Not heard such a long rendition of the Great Escape, or so much sarcastic applause/cheering of every favourable decision in any other Amex game, certainly.
Craig Pawson, as mentioned on the worst refs thread.

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
That was a such a good day.. Everyone walking away from Elland road singing "Who's that man from Argentina...."

It was so freaking cold in the stadium though, yet boiling outside

That was never a foul on Diouf though, he was blatently going for the penalty, but suppose it all worked itself out in the end ;)

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Define "best". The Battle of Stamford Bridge had an awesome atmosphere (come to that, define "Home" or "Away"!), created by Ron Challis.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
bha2.jpg

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Thanks for reminding me of that, the game I sponsored for my 50th Birthday and had to sit through the first ten minutes with many of my none football or Brighton friends peeing themselves with laughter!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
The clown at The Goldstone v. Pompey in the 80's (90's?), who gave so many dodgy decisions in the first half that if it was today, suspicious betting patterns would have been suspected, so we went in at h/t 0-3 down, with him getting dog's abuse as he went down the tunnel, and didn't come out for the second half, citing illness :lolol:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

Yep :thumbsup:

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Totally agree but then went onto ref us against Palace on the 17th March game and had an almost perfect match. I think he's done a few more since and been fine. Maybe he had a guilty conscious!!!

Derby away in the playoffs he was a joke. Bottled the biggest decision of the game.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine

This

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
image.jpg
This gentleman and that game .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Derby away in the playoffs he was a joke. Bottled the biggest decision of the game.

To be fair, he may have done (I've forgotten all about it), but even if that's the case, he was by no means the only bottler on the pitch that night.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
To be fair, he may have done (I've forgotten all about it), but even if that's the case, he was by no means the only bottler on the pitch that night.

I agree, but he really showed how weak he can be under pressure that game. I've been admiring his refereeing bar the Burnley game but after his performance against Derby he can do one.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
View attachment 56469
This gentleman and that game .

I'm guessing that's Kelvin Morton, due to the Suffolk FA thing and the vague recollection that his programme reference used to say "Mr Kelvin Morton (Bury St Edmunds)".

For some reason I thought he was dead.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Remember a game in the old Div 1, we had to be Leeds on the last day think it was 1981. Pretty special, we won 2-0....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here