Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£10 Million for Leonardo WHY?????????

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Ulloa was watched for 18 months before he signed, but even when he was assistant coach at Albacete, he was still in touch with the Albion, as he came back to us in September 2012. He left again just two weeks ago.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

We'd been tracking Ulloa for 18 months before we signed him, we also tried to sign him in Summer 2012 transfer window but found out he wouldn't get a work permit. It's entirely possible that he was one of Aranalde's last suggestions before leaving, there is also the possibility that Aranalde became aware of Ulloa while coaching at Albacete (they were in the same div that Ulloa was playing in) and recommend him to the club anyway.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We'd been tracking Ulloa for 18 months before we signed him, we also tried to sign him in Summer 2012 transfer window but found out he wouldn't get a work permit. It's entirely possible that he was one of Aranalde's last suggestions before leaving, there is also the possibility that Aranalde became aware of Ulloa while coaching at Albacete (they were in the same div that Ulloa was playing in) and recommend him to the club anyway.

That's what I said above, & the fact that Aranalde returned as international scout for us in Sept. 2012.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That's what I said above, & the fact that Aranalde returned as international scout for us in Sept. 2012.

Understood. And hard to argue that it wasn't one/if not the crucial decisions/buys/bits of our set up thats put us in the play-offs two seasons in a row.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Stephenson,,,,,It certainly wasn't Burke if that's what your inferring.

Wouldn't dream of it Kev. Only a complete lunatic would think that the head of recruitment, twelve months after starting his job, would have anything at all to do with the second largest signing in the history of the club.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Wouldn't dream of it Kev. Only a complete lunatic would think that the head of recruitment, twelve months after starting his job, would have anything at all to do with the second largest signing in the history of the club.

The question was who identified Ulloa in the first place. I was lead to believe it was Stephenson, it may not have been but it certainly wasn't Burke....So what are you getting at??? I never said he never had any involvement in the eventual signing of the player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here