Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The worst referee to have ref'd a game at the Amex

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
The Bournemouth ref last season and the one for the Leicester game in 2011-2012 who, having sent Jermaine Beckford off for a nothing challenge against Dunk, evened things up by sending off Matt Sparrow for an equally innocuous challenge. Actually, having Chris Foy referee the Reading FA Cup game showed the gap in class between refs in the Premiership and those in the leagues below. And Foy is not regarded as being one of the top Premiership refs as far as I know. And for me, most of the linesmen on the east side have been utterly dire since we've been at the Amex.

You mean sparrow / lambert v soton.

Although beckfords was also shocking. Leicester went down to 9 in that game.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Whilst the Pawson one was bad at the time, looking back he was right to send of Vincelot and Barnes the only thing he got wrong was not sending off the Barnsley player involved in the Barnes clash.
The worst decisions for me and sadly both against Calde were the sending off against Newport and the never a penalty against Bournemouth (I think).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Whilst the Pawson one was bad at the time, looking back he was right to send of Vincelot and Barnes the only thing he got wrong was not sending off the Barnsley player involved in the Barnes clash.
The worst decisions for me and sadly both against Calde were the sending off against Newport and the never a penalty against Bournemouth (I think).

He probably didn't send off the Barnsley player because we were playing Burnley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here