Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sportsmen you dislike - for no apparent reason.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Roger Federer: Astonishing tennis player and smuggest man alive.

To be fair, if you have dominated your sport for as long as he has and won as much as he has, I think your smugness allowance should be quite high

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Could be the nicest bloke ever but I just want to knock that stupid cap off his head with a 9 iron

u3ugequn.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Phil Mickelson.

The way he walks, his face, his demeanour, he just seriously winds me up. Very unfair of me really.

Mannie

Jun 4, 2014
Brighton
Roger Federer - he is obviously his own greatest fan - the lurid tracksuits embroidered RF were the final straw

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
To be fair, if you have dominated your sport for as long as he has and won as much as he has, I think your smugness allowance should be quite high
Absolutely. But I've had this opinion for about 10 years.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I must be a closet racist, whilst trying to think of my most disliked I realised ...
Colin Montgomery
Rory McIlroy
Andy Murray

All have something in common! Do the Krankies play sport, I'd like an accumulator. ???

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Daley Thompson,heard stories from around the town as well as past history,not a nice person.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Seb Vettel and Rafa Nadal.

Vettel maybe because of the sneaking suspicion that he doesn't deserve his four titles in a row. He just seemed incredibly smug all the time he was winning.

Nadal, I genuinely have no idea why. He seems like a nice guy. Humble, polite and so forth but there's something about him that I just can't be getting on with. The best reason I can come up with is not being a fan of his tennis style which doesn't seem like a reason at all.:shrug:

Great shouts.
Vettel - got lucky with Red Bulls perfection over those 4 years. Hamilton, Button, Alonso could easily have achieved the same. I know a couple of german F1 fans who admire Schumacher and anything German, but cannot stand Vettel - think of him as a miserable nerd.

Nadal - all about power, fitness and aggression. The nice person façade has slipped in the past when things not so good at a couple of tournaments with his close family being abusive and intimidatory to tournament officials.

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Phil Mickelson.

The way he walks, his face, his demeanour, he just seriously winds me up. Very unfair of me really.

Not long ago I would have been with.you on that, but for once, I've completely changed my opinion of him. Really like him now, but I know what yo mean. He walks like the honey monster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here