Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] David Stockdale

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
ONly Last season Lloris came in, and he played all the Europa league games I recall.... which lets face it is more games than most of the keepers we have been linked with have played recently.

The man is a true proffesional, he wouldnt be still playing if he wasnt fit to do so.

Im pretty sure it wont happen, just thought I would throw another name in the hat...

OK so it's complete rubbish then. From the ;-) at the end of your post I assumed that you were insinuating that you were in the know!!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Some-one has posted on the Argus website that the fee along with his wages has put us off and we are now looking at other targets, so not sure what % of the Ulloa cash will be reinvested. Think it will be a freebie if anything

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Some-one has posted on the Argus website that the fee along with his wages has put us off and we are now looking at other targets, so not sure what % of the Ulloa cash will be reinvested. Think it will be a freebie if anything

It is essential we get this right and soon, so he can build an understanding with his defence.

If Stockdale is a non-starter then that is a shame. Casper is a capable deputy, but we need more than that.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm fine if the club doesn't want to pay the same wages as everybody else, but we will struggle to compete . The only reason deals aren't being done is down to wages .

And you know that...how?

We have to comply with regulations governing spending compared to income. I think that's reasonable. I certainly don't think football clubs should operate under different financial criteria to every other institution. Whose money are we spending if it's not that generated by the club itself? Tony Bloom's? I'm not sure one individual should be obliged to keep digging into his pockets. He's spent millions and millions on this football club.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
And you know that...how?

We have to comply with regulations governing spending compared to income. I think that's reasonable. I certainly don't think football clubs should operate under different financial criteria to every other institution. Whose money are we spending if it's not that generated by the club itself? Tony Bloom's? I'm not sure one individual should be obliged to keep digging into his pockets. He's spent millions and millions on this football club.[/
Then the club need to stop saying we our prem ready because like I keep saying no point being prem ready off the pitch and not on it. As long as we get the hotel built at the Amex that should keep the fans happy.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
It worries me we have needed a gk and Lb since may and we still haven't been able to get anyone over the line. We have had 2 managers leave the club because of lack of ambition in the transfer market if we lost a 3rd that would be madness.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
It worries me we have needed a gk and Lb since may and we still haven't been able to get anyone over the line. We have had 2 managers leave the club because of lack of ambition in the transfer market if we lost a 3rd that would be madness.

More a sign of those managers lacking bottle or believing in there abilities enough. I'm sure Derby and Burnley had similar wage budgets. We can achieve promotion on the budget we have. It just takes effort and a little time getting the right players in and developing the talent we have.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
More a sign of those managers lacking bottle or believing in there abilities enough. I'm sure Derby and Burnley had similar wage budgets. We can achieve promotion on the budget we have. It just takes effort and a little time getting the right players in and developing the talent we have.

Keeping the manager on board would also help immensely.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
GP was sacked for Gross Misconduct.

He had let Bloom know that he was leaving anyway though, so he was intending to walk and it seems the reduced budget may have had a part in his thinking given the post match interview after the play off semi final 2nd leg. In fact he wanted out before the Palace league game at the Amex.

bhafc1972

Banned
Jun 2, 2014

You need a name change to brightonmark5678

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
When Vorm signs for Spurs we will take Friedel for the season ;-)

Friedel only signed a contract extension in June... wouldn't surprise me if Tremmel from Swansea made his way down, safe pair of hands, was back up to Vorm last year and has 1 year left on his contract, would prob be available on a free too. Given both Vorm and Fabianski are ahead of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here