Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] David Stockdale

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope we give Walton the first few games and all cup games and sign Butland on loan once the Premier League Clubs finalise their squads. Walton to come in as number one keeper next season having had first team experience during this season. Possibly even taking over as number one before the end of the season if we are not in with a shout of the playoffs or in relegation trouble. We need to show the same faith in Walton as we did in Ince and March imo.

Personally prefer this outcome to signing Stockdale

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Didn't we play Casper on tour? I think if there was any chance of starting with him in goal this season we would have given him all the game time possible in pre-season.

That and the vacant number 1 squad number implies we will get someone in soon enough.

Its only normal for us to be nervous but will make it all the more exciting when something actually happens and we sign someone!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I hope we give Walton the first few games and all cup games and sign Butland on loan once the Premier League Clubs finalise their squads. Walton to come in as number one keeper next season having had first team experience during this season. Possibly even taking over as number one before the end of the season if we are not in with a shout of the playoffs or in relegation trouble. We need to show the same faith in Walton as we did in Ince and March imo.

Personally prefer this outcome to signing Stockdale

I agree with the sentiment of giving the youngsters a chance, but keepers do tend to come through that bit later.

Butland is still young and Stoke spend most of the time loaning him out.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
That's practically an announcement of him signing.

???

David Stockdale (@stockogk1313) 12:02 PM - 24 Jul 2014: Nandos time I think. Strange on my own but still nice!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. A little bit of fishing .. . .

He's been out on his own twice this week though, once to the cinema and once to Nando's. Both times, a 'strange' experience. What does that say to you?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
im going to really pissed off if this one dosent come off. More so than all the other rumours we get.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex

He's been out on his own twice this week though, once to the cinema and once to Nando's. Both times, a 'strange' experience. What does that say to you?

What intrigued me was that in the photo he posted, the receipt was folded in such a way you couldnt see what branch of Nando's it was. Deliberate or not?? Mean anything??

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Tells me he's got the gene required to be a fully paid up member of the goalkeepers union

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here