Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£10m for Ulloa!!!! **Official that Leo has gone**

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The story of Leo and how he developed his carrier with BHA, scored goals, was a hero with the fans and we didn't stand in his way when the chance of the Premier League came along ( with £37k pw wages) should be one that we use with our CF targets across Europe. The key to this being a good deal for us is if we can get an adequate replacement. We must have known he was likely to go for quite some time now and therefore David Burke should have been doing his research. Now time for him to deliver. Replace with a similar standard for £2-4m and what a great deal it will have been.

How do yo know what his salary is?

Is it a matter of public record?

Why's that.

We've not shafted Leicester with some crooked no-mark.

If they are confident they can deliever goal scoring passes:-
Ulloa WILL score.

If Ulloa scores and Leicester are capable of keeping clean sheets against 6 average teams:-
Leicester WILL stay in the Premier League.

If Leicester stay up because of Ulloa's goals:-
£10m (as it will be then) will mean they got Leo for next to nothing.

Fantastic deal all round.
Goalscorers aren't cheap.

There are a lot of "ifs" in there.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Nice deal!! Well done TB!!!
Now Burke...get your finger out of your backside and start signing players to get us in the prem... 'Lets do this!!'

Who knows maybe we've got an agreement to hold off the official announcement until this morning so we can announce some incoming players at the same time as announcing Ulloa has gone, Well I can hope.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I went back to bed for a lie in this morning, and woke just after 9, dreaming that I was in a room with Ulloa (and plenty of others, all above board I assure you) and he was leaving the room waving goodbye. I shouted 'I love you Ulloa', which became less weird when others said the same.

So it's official, he's gone.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
37k a week wages, is that what he is going to get ... no wonder he suddenly developed a need to play in the premiership

Over 4 years, I make that £7,696,000.00. No Albion fan can blame the guy.

Leicester taking all the risk here, good luck to them and to Leo, thanks for the good times.

PG

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Not happy about the news, but this is good business for the club...

We paid ~£2M 18m ago and are now getting 4-5 times that. By anyone's standard that's a good return on investment.

The critical factor is now, can Burke pull of a blinder and replace Leo with another "unknown" for ~£2M and leave a decent sized profit to use elsewhere?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Over 4 years, I make that £7,696,000.00. No Albion fan can blame the guy.

Leicester taking all the risk here, good luck to them and to Leo, thanks for the good times.

PG

It's for contracts like these that parachute payments exist. It's not improbable that Leicester will come straight back down next season, but they will still have to pay 2m (+2m annual contract amortisation) to the same player that we were paying 500k a year for.

So that's 4m (per year) on a single player out of the 18m that people are saying shouldn't be counted in relegated sides FFP calculations. I'm sure most fans would change their tune about the unfairness of it all if we were in the same position as Leicester and having to lure new players to the squad to make us competitive at PL level.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's for contracts like these that parachute payments exist. It's not improbable that Leicester will come straight back down next season, but they will still have to pay 2m (+2m annual contract amortisation) to the same player that we were paying 500k a year for.

So that's 4m (per year) on a single player out of the 18m that people are saying shouldn't be counted in relegated sides FFP calculations. I'm sure most fans would change their tune about the unfairness of it all if we were in the same position as Leicester
Not at all. Fans aren't complaining about parachute payments being used to pay a team' existing players, it's the fact that they can also afford to go and buy plenty more, purely because of parachute payments (and their use in FFP).

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

So that's 4m (per year) on a single player out of the 18m that people are saying shouldn't be counted in relegated sides FFP calculations. I'm sure most fans would change their tune about the unfairness of it all if we were in the same position as Leicester and having to lure new players to the squad to make us competitive at PL level.

Interesting. Makes the parachute system even more unfair. Why should Leicester be able to offer a contract which is potentially subsidised in years 2-4 ???

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Why are people taking this £37k a week figure as fact?

One bloke said on here he'd heard that figure talking to a mate...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He's gone now so everyone can shut up about it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here