Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] MULLERS AND MAYOR LAUNCH WALKING FOOTBALL INITIATIVE

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Club ambassador and former manager Alan Mullery was in Littlehampton this week to help launch a new initiative aimed at encouraging older people to stay physically active.*
Mullery relived his playing days by taking part in a special ‘walking football’ event run by Albion in the Community (AITC) and Arun District Council as part of the Young at Heart initiative – a partnership between the charity and the council’s wellbeing team which gives the over 65s the chance to improve their health by taking part in regular exercise.*
The 72 year-old took part in the specially arranged session with the Mayor of Littlehampton, Councillor Jill Long, along with representatives from the council, Sussex FA and local over 65s.*
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It was my first experience of walking football and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was great to see so many people down here taking part and fantastic to see the Mayor joining in. This is something that men and women can take part in.”
He added, “It is really important to have activities and programmes like this for older people. The physical and health benefits are obvious but I think the social side can be equally important when you are that age.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here