Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you are unhappy with the club right now. Why?

Why is this club crap?

• I know FOR A FACT that we're not doing enough behind the scenes to sign new players

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I know FOR A FACT that the money from Ulloa won't get reinvested into the team

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • I know FOR A FACT that we're not trying to sign anyone else other than O'Grady

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • David Burke doesn't know what he's doing, I watch him do his job every day

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I know FOR A FACT that we won't be as good as we were last season

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Reaching the playoffs two seasons in a row is unacceptable because we lost

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I don't care if we wait until the end of the window to get good deals. I want players NOW!

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Tony Bloom is a tight arse. £150m isn't enough

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I should go an support Crystal Palace

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Hodor

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 17 27.4%

• Total voters

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
nonsense boss ? you know it's the truth
regards
DR

It's modern football mate. The Albion are no worse than anyone else. At least you can strand in the North these days without being thrown out, that's better than a lot of grounds in the top two divisions these days.

Jan 30, 2008
It's modern football mate. The Albion are no worse than anyone else. At least you can strand in the North these days without being thrown out, that's better than a lot of grounds in the top two divisions these days.
really, all i see on here last season were complaints about stewards enforcing sitting in your seat IN THE NORTH ??? , enjoy the Amex experience .
regards
DR

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
really, all i see on here last season were complaints about stewards enforcing sitting in your seat IN THE NORTH ??? , enjoy the Amex experience .
regards
DR

Nope, that was the season before when that prick Hebbard was in charge. Last season was fine, I don't think I sat down in my seat all season. It's much better now.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In the past 2 years we've signed ex Spanish and England internationals.

We haven't signed any ex-Spanish internationals in the last 2 years.
We've only, in the history of the club, ever signed one . Vicente.

Bridge and Upson are the only ex-England internationals we've signed/ loaned in the last 20+ signings in the last 3 years.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
We haven't signed any ex-Spanish internationals in the last 2 years.
We've only, in the history of the club, ever signed one . Vicente.

Bridge and Upson are the only ex-England internationals we've signed/ loaned in the last 20+ signings in the last 3 years.

I agree with all that. My point is that is a calibre of signing we have stepped back from all for good reasons I understand. I can't say I'm surprised some people react with Chris o ' who? when players even my wife have heard of have signed in the recent past.

Some were also making the point that the current transfer model has been in place for a long while. It hasn't been. We were dramatically overspending as recently as 2 years ago in part attributable to the players mentioned above.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I agree with all that. My point is that is a calibre of signing we have stepped back from all for good reasons I understand. .

Stepped back - ? Most of our signings in last 12 months- Hughes, Upson, ward, Lopez , Andrews, Agustien, Lingard were from prem clubs or have prem experience or from top tier leagues.
Or Stephens (charlton's player of the year)

Or promising youth international youngsters (Walton)

And we now have 3 current England u21s ; Dunk, march, JFC.
So youth set up is part of overall picture.

We struggled in Jan transfer window. Clay ton and Grabban might have made difference and Rodriguez was a ( garcia ?) oddity but he was only ever back up.

But has quality really dropped ?
Dicker, Navarro, painter, el abd etc all now L1 or out of contract players were in Poyet champ squads.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's the slow but sure erosion of quality in the squad that concerns me. We're nowadays expected to rejoice if we balance the FFP books FFS.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The way the club are working is within FFP which is mandated to be enforced so we will be a lot better off than most other clubs. What is not clear is whether FFP will actually be enforced, if it isn't I am confident then club will change tack if required.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's the slow but sure erosion of quality in the squad that concerns me. We're nowadays expected to rejoice if we balance the FFP books FFS.

So you were clearly happy with players like Hawkins and Elder ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The way the club are working is within FFP which is mandated to be enforced so we will be a lot better off than most other clubs. What is not clear is whether FFP will actually be enforced, if it isn't I am confident then club will change tack if required.

If FFP isn't enforced, I'd expect the club to sue bigtime. Else we'll have lost so much ground to clubs that just ignored it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here