Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Consolidation & I feel for poor Sami!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What a joke. All the usual suspects were banging on about consolidation last season when Garcia came in after Poyet's shenanigans.

Get a life and stop worrying. Just turn up on the 9th and give the team a cheer.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes there's a while until the start of the season and no this isn't a knee jerk Ulloa sale thread but and there has to be a but, I do have my concerns about what's going on with transfers and the club in general because throughout all of this the one I really feel for is Big Sami who no doubt was sold down the route of "Ooooo look at our lovely new training ground and have you seen our gold taps in the changing rooms, well **** that showey crap, we need to replace the quality we've lost with the same or better players and stop being skin flints! I'm NOT talking about spunking 20k a week or spending 5 mill and going into admin within 2 years but if what is being reported is true that were offering 300k for last years league 1 top goalscorer then were a laughing stock!

With the second season in a row we've had another merry go round, the only main difference this time is the fact we've lost 4 key players and are showing at the moment no signs of replacing them with the quality that we know that we need. To be fair Arron Hughes is decent back up.....

Chris O'Grady - A northern lower league journeyman who in his career has had one mildly better than average season is not the answer and I worry that this is an all we can afford signing or willing to pay player. Our recent transfer dealings have been less than confidence building by being told where to go by nearly every club or player we go for....Adam Clayton, Lewis Grabban, Sam Baldock, Mustafa Carayol & we must include Stephen Ward who for 100k and our player of last season is a MUST to bring in.

What do people think is going on? Is it simply a case now that we are seriously taking a step back, paying our debts off which equals showing no ambition to get of this league anytime soon & consolidating like Derby did for many years in this division and then in 3-5 years we go again?

You haven't got a clue, do you honestly think the changing rooms have gold taps? :dunce:
Gold taps are sooo 1980s, listen to this one @ SIMMO SAYS. :facepalm:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
TB won't let Hyppia down.

The consolidation has been carried out over the last 3 transfer windows, culminating in the Ulloa departure for a ridiculously high fee. There's no point in getting in the way of a player who can double or triple his wages elsewhere.

Hyppia arrives at the end of this squad culling, and I would guess TB will back him over his acquisitions.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Yes there's a while until the start of the season and no this isn't a knee jerk Ulloa sale thread but and there has to be a but, I do have my concerns about what's going on with transfers and the club in general because throughout all of this the one I really feel for is Big Sami who no doubt was sold down the route of "Ooooo look at our lovely new training ground and have you seen our gold taps in the changing rooms, well **** that showey crap, we need to replace the quality we've lost with the same or better players and stop being skin flints! I'm NOT talking about spunking 20k a week or spending 5 mill and going into admin within 2 years but if what is being reported is true that were offering 300k for last years league 1 top goalscorer then were a laughing stock!

With the second season in a row we've had another merry go round, the only main difference this time is the fact we've lost 4 key players and are showing at the moment no signs of replacing them with the quality that we know that we need. To be fair Arron Hughes is decent back up.....

Chris O'Grady - A northern lower league journeyman who in his career has had one mildly better than average season is not the answer and I worry that this is an all we can afford signing or willing to pay player. Our recent transfer dealings have been less than confidence building by being told where to go by nearly every club or player we go for....Adam Clayton, Lewis Grabban, Sam Baldock, Mustafa Carayol & we must include Stephen Ward who for 100k and our player of last season is a MUST to bring in.

What do people think is going on? Is it simply a case now that we are seriously taking a step back, paying our debts off which equals showing no ambition to get of this league anytime soon & consolidating like Derby did for many years in this division and then in 3-5 years we go again?

Johnny, please, please, please go back to supporting Chelsea, you are not needed here.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Byf1 pops up every 6 months or so to have a whinge or to stir it. Don't waste your time trying to debate with him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't quite understand why the club hasn't made the most of the momentum gained from the Amex. Attendances will continue to drop every season
Continue to drop? Our attendances have gone up every season so far.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
History is littered with clubs,that having redeveloped stands,or parts of grounds subsequently had a period of struggle or even worse,now not for one moment am i suggesting that we are about to get relegated next season,but given the current financial constraints of FFP,it's abundantly clear that having built a £32m Academy,further an unwillingness to splash major sums to get to the Premier at all costs,it's clear our path to the promised land is going to be slow and steady..

Personally,i have no real problem with that,i could even take relegation,but for the perceived lack of want,at key stages of the last two seasons to just push the boat out a little further,i really hope we have not missed it entirely..

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
TB won't let Hyppia down.

The consolidation has been carried out over the last 3 transfer windows, culminating in the Ulloa departure for a ridiculously high fee. There's no point in getting in the way of a player who can double or triple his wages elsewhere.

Hyppia arrives at the end of this squad culling, and I would guess TB will back him over his acquisitions.

yeah we got rid of all our best players

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Continue to drop? Our attendances have gone up every season so far.

I think,unless we have a spectacular season,we may have just peaked..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
History is littered with clubs,that having redeveloped stands,or parts of grounds subsequently had a period of struggle or even worse,now not for one moment am i suggesting that we are about to get relegated next season,but given the current financial constraints of FFP,it's abundantly clear that having built a £32m Academy,further an unwillingness to splash major sums to get to the Premier at all costs,it's clear our path to the promised land is going to be slow and steady..

Personally,i have no real problem with that,i could even take relegation,but for the perceived lack of want,at key stages of the last two seasons to just push the boat out a little further,i really hope we have not missed it entirely..

On a point of information, the club has spent £32 million on a training ground, not an Academy. The Academy will be based in the east wing of the training ground, the idea being that the academy players work hard to move into the west wing where the first team are. Some clubs think it's better to make everyone feel part of the same organisation.

Eventually we'll produce some more Gareth Barrys, Lewis Dunks and Jake Forster-Caskeys, maybe not at the same time. But I'm sure TB knows that we have to have some players to plug the gap in the meantime. Luckily we effectively already have two new players in CMS and Kemy Agustien, both of whom had most of last season off for various reasons.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Eventually we'll produce some more Gareth Barrys, Lewis Dunks and Jake Forster-Caskeys, maybe not at the same time. Luckily we effectively already have two new players in CMS and Kemy Agustien, both of whom had most of last season off for various reasons.

you could also add Andrew Crofts who is due back to fitness before Aug 9th. & Lewis Dunk has been out for a long time in last 2 seasons due to that off field stuff.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
yeah we got rid of all our best players

Including stitching up Leicester for the ponderous and immobile Ulloa.

Nothing a club can do if players want to leave to triple their way in the PL, except for squeezing every last £m out of the buying club.

TB has handled this well. Still plenty of time to acquire players.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
On a point of information, the club has spent £32 million on a training ground, not an Academy. The Academy will be based in the east wing of the training ground, the idea being that the academy players work hard to move into the west wing where the first team are. Some clubs think it's better to make everyone feel part of the same organisation.

Eventually we'll produce some more Gareth Barrys, Lewis Dunks and Jake Forster-Caskeys, maybe not at the same time. But I'm sure TB knows that we have to have some players to plug the gap in the meantime. Luckily we effectively already have two new players in CMS and Kemy Agustien, both of whom had most of last season off for various reasons.

Well,i hesitated to use the term Academy,then used as opposed to training facility,the purpose was to draw attention to the remainder of my post,highlighting the longer term hopes and aspirations that it would hopefully fulfil.

But thanks i stand corrected..

Regarding CMS and Kemy,i agree,i just wonder as to whether or not Kemy has had additional training in a bid to get him into shape..

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Yawn yawn yawn. See a snapshot of NSC at this time of year for any of the last 8 years and you'll see a collection of the same old threads. Every single year. It's boring, it's embarrassing, and it's pathetic. Seriously, can you not remember this time last year? This time the year before? The same doom and gloom threads about how we were doomed to mediocrity or even relegation, weeks before the season had even started?

Get a grip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here