Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Impeccable source.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
That's where I think some of us differ. Given their record over the past season, I don't trust this club to reinforce anything!

There are always going to be hit and miss signings. Loan strikers are generally not often especially prolific however when we needed a winger we got Conway who did well for us, and when he left we (eventually) brought in Lingard who despite playing wide went onto get four goals. When Crofts went down with injury we brought in Stephens who proved in the time before he himself got crocked what a good acquisition he was, 3 assists and 2 goals to my memory(?). Ward was a great success, especially when you consider he was replacing Wayne Bridge. I'm not saying every signing we made worked out, all I'm saying is that we're not the shithouse barrel scrapers some think we are in the transfer market!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Southampton philosophy. Get good players, or develop good players, and sell them to clubs with more ambition. Tony Bloom says that is what his club wants to do for our team.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Now it's reported that the bid has been accepted (or sanctioned as the Argus put it)

Goodbye Leo and all the best.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You have to admit that the quality of signings aren't what most were expecting and the squad for the moment looks much weaker, But I think if we signed Kitson all over again he would be a world beater according to some

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
£7m plus is a very good fee for Leo. I think letting him go is the right decision. Just hope we see a good chunk of that money on new signings.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
u can see him season after this one ...after they get relegated

Maybe not if Chris O'Grady fires us into the Prem and Ulloa is stuck in some midlands shit hole while O'Grady suns himself on Hove beach.

Love Ulloa, hate Leicester for taking him, so relegation by Christmas for them please (well it worked with Palace didn't it?)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Whilst I am sure he is on his way to Leicester to tie up the deal, presumably he hasn't yet. So I have my little Leo voodoo doll and I am twisting its ankles so he fails the medical.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Get Jelle Vossen in as his replacement and I'll be chuffed. (if you think O'Grady is Leo's replacement you are a fool) (a big fool).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
First time I've ever read someone refer to @NotWorthThat as 'Impeccable'.
Fair play, though. He knows his onions. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Southampton philosophy. Get good players, or develop good players, and sell them to clubs with more ambition. Tony Bloom says that is what his club wants to do for our team.

Yeah, wouldn't it be shit to be in Southampton's position :rolleyes:

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
As it stands (assuming Leo HAS gone) we currently only have CMS as a 'senior' striker. Signing O'grady to me seems a shrewd move, even more shrewd when you look at his record last year and recognise he is replacing either Hoskins/Barnes. Another striker will come in as a DIRECT replacement for Ulloa. Anyone who is slating the club signing O'Grady as a 2nd or even 3rd choice striker is being unrealistic and a bit of a cry baby.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
At last, we can stop singing that hideous Ulloa song that contradicts itself well in-week out

Who's that man we got from Barnsley? Who's that man we all adore? Chris O'Grady is his name and he scores a goal a game and we won't mention Leo anymore.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I think you have to do this in the modern game. The only way you will attract the best young talent is if they see you as a club that can further their career, or with you or as a stepping stone.

If Ulloa was being sold to a Championship rival, then yes we could certainly question our ambition. However Ulloa to be fair to him has earnt a crack at the Premier League and I don't think we should really be a club that stands in the way of that. Had we got promoted, brilliant, hopefully he would have stayed. But we didn't and we certainly can't blame him for wanting a chance to play at the top level.

We've got an excellent price for him, and I really hope he does well. Thanks Leo, it was great while it lasted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here