Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris O'Grady Signs for an Undisclosed Fee (Updated)

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
:wink:And this is not the only proven championship striker we will be signing

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Well I got it. He holds the world record for sticking marshmallows up a single nostril (604) and the one for the world's stickiest bogey.

Interestingly, there is a Toxteth O'Grady on LinkedIn and Facebook!

I told you that mike you bloody cheat! You bumbag!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I understand from someone who might know that SH had nothing whatsoever to do with this signing, and he's not a happy bunny. Whether that actually matters or not is another question.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Becchio!?

If so, yes please.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I understand from someone who might know that SH had nothing whatsoever to do with this signing, and he's not a happy bunny.

Actually he said this in public about the COG signing yesterday.

“This is an area we want to strengthen and Chris is a good start.
“He is a strong physical presence and gives us something different to the other strikers we already have here at the club.
You need that option in the squad of a forward with power and strength and Chris can give us that – as well as scoring goals.
We still want some extra attacking additions, and in other areas of the team, but I’m pleased we have another one of our targets.”

via http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/...sign-striker-chris-ogrady-from-barnsley/31926 and elsewhere...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That seems to read like a well prepared quote. Anyway I hope it's true.

Agreed. There's a strong chance its a well prepared quote from the clubs media team that Hyypia well have signed off/agreed to.
Also worth bearing in mind that COG himself insists he spoke to SH yesterday and sounds impressed.

"We’ve already spoken on the phone, as he’s been in Spain with the squad, but from what I heard it’s clear that he is a very hard-working and very organised manager. He’s also very experienced and well respected in the game, so I can only learn from someone like him."

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I understand from someone who might know that SH had nothing whatsoever to do with this signing, and he's not a happy bunny. Whether that actually matters or not is another question.

Is this the Same SH who said when he joined, that at his previous job he had absolutely no input to the players he was given and he just had to get on with it, so the input he will get at Brighton regarding this is amazing. Obviuosly that is not his exact words, but it was along those lines.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
It's this kind of horseshit that becomes forum fact. I understand .....?

You may well be an expert, I only posted what I was told playing golf this morning from an LFC season ticket holder who very occassionally gets me the best seats in the house at Anfield.
As you said probably horses.....

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
You may well be an expert, I only posted what I was told playing golf this morning from an LFC season ticket holder who very occassionally gets me the best seats in the house at Anfield.
As you said probably horses.....

Why would a bin dipper season ticket holder know what goes on at Brighton?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why would a bin dipper season ticket holder know what goes on at Brighton?

Cos SH is such a legend obviously, he is constantly chatting to random bin dippers :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here