Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've signed someone - Aaron Hughes

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I am very pleased with this signing, bags of experience, great disciplinary record and should be able to provide great mentoring to Dunk, Maxi etc

Not sure where he has picked up the sick note tag from and besides, Upson was denounced as a sick note by some on here, didn't miss a match in about a year!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Happy with this. 1 down 5 or 6 to go.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Husband of a friend of mine went to school with him in Cookstown, County Tyrone, where they were great mates. Hughes sent him a football signed by all the Fulham squad as a wedding present, a nice touch I thought. Not a bad signing, especially if he can help bring on Maksi and Dunk. Signed with a view to helping out Sami with defensive coaching duties in future?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
My only concern is that Greer is another year older and struggled a lot last year with Upson and Kusczak covering up a hell of alot of cracks in the defence.

Hughes has experience but again how much pace does he have and is he as good as Upson?

Don't get me wrong I am pleased Hughes has signed but I guess I'd rather we look at someone in their late 20s.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
doink2_auto.jpg

That's Doink. Dink was one of his little friends:

dinkdoink.jpg

Here they are with Wink and Pink.

94_SUR0027.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We still need another stopper centre-half: Hangeland anyone ???

Need a bit of height sometimes.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
the replacement who probably wont play. How's that a direct replacement?

How do you know that? Northern Ireland international. Starts for Fulham and QPR last season. Yes, yes. He's probably been signed to make the tea.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Not sure a 34 year old with that many games behind him can be classed as a sick note, where did that reputation come from?
He doesn't have a reputation as a sick note whatsoever, quite the opposite in fact. In 2009/10, the season when Fulham got to the Europa League final, he made 56 appearances in all competitions.. more than any other player in Europe. In the 4 seasons since then he's made 128 appearances (average of 32 a season). He may well go on to have an injury blighted season with us but at this moment it time it's just about the last thing anyone with a clue about his career would level at him. A bizarre notion to try and fabricate.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Here they are with Wink and Pink.

94_SUR0027.jpg

That looks like a solid back four. They would certinaly scare the opposition. I hope we are in for Doink, Wink & Pink to join Dink, I think he may feel a little lonely without them.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
we will get another centre half yet

We still need another stopper centre-half: Hangeland anyone ???

Need a bit of height sometimes.

Not convinced.

We have Greer, Dunk and Hughes.

With Maksimenko 4th choice, backed up by Rea and Dallison.

Unless Dunk is moving on, then we've got enough central defenders now.

One more left back, and the outfield defence is sorted.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
some people on here would be annoyed if we picked up Thierry henry on a free transfer, judging by some reactions to Hughes' age
I would like that:) very much:):)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Not enormously enamoured with his signing, but trustworthy of him as a reasonable centre-half. I'm hoping still, maybe misguidedly, that he's one of many, including a few bright and rising possible stars rather than just a set of wrinkled chaps we find supping at the last chance saloon. I might be asking for too much, and won't be too much of a baby if it doesn't happen, but i do want to be thrilled an arrival alongside our steady pros.
I hugely under-admired the talents and ardour of Ward when he turned up, so it's strongly possible i could wrongly expect too little of Hughes too.

You remind me of John Prescott.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here