Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've signed someone - Aaron Hughes

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I like this signing and think he'll be a regular starter. He brings a number of qualities to the side:

1. Excellent discipline - never been sent off in 450 Prem games facing quality attackers for 16 years.
2. Leadership - captain of Northern Ireland for 8 years.
3. Motivation - needs 10 more caps for 100 for his country, came out of retirement two years ago, has stated he'd love to reach the century.

He also knows the division having played for QPR since Jan.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Bloody hell what more do people want! Good signing if only for a season. Hopefully brings on Dunk and Maxi.

Now Ward to help Chicksen and I'm happy with the Defense

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I like this signing and think he'll be a regular starter. He brings a number of qualities to the side:

1. Excellent discipline - never been sent off in 450 Prem games facing quality attackers for 16 years.
3. Motivation - needs 10 more caps for 100 for his country, came out of retirement two years ago, has stated he'd love to reach the century.

Quite. It's a very good signing, no idea why some people are losing their shit over it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Quite. It's a very good signing, no idea why some people are losing their shit over it.

Unless we're signing the totally unrealistic targets like Ferdinand or Lescott then some will obviously wet the bed over a realistic signing like this one.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
That looks like a solid back four. They would certinaly scare the opposition. I hope we are in for Doink, Wink & Pink to join Dink, I think he may feel a little lonely without them.

Doink's dead.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Wasn't he the Newcastle defender that stopped the ball on the goal line then feigned injury to disguise it but ended up looking like he had been shot?

Maybe we have signed him as a backup goalkeeper?!?!

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Wasn't he the Newcastle defender that stopped the ball on the goal line then feigned injury to disguise it but ended up looking like he had been shot?

Maybe we have signed him as a backup goalkeeper?!?!

HaHa No that was Steven Taylor.

I spoke to a Newcastle fan friend of mine last night, who said he was great for them a proper fans favourite and was sad to see him move on to Fulham.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

I spoke to a Newcastle fan friend of mine last night, who said he was great for them a proper fans favourite and was sad to see him move on to Fulham.

Ah right, thanks for clarifying.

I am actually delighted we have signed an experienced central defender with bags of PL experience.

Hopefully Ward, Butland and Lingard will be announced soon.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Nearly with you. I think the club will want to play Dunk more this season. I also don't think that Hyypia will want to rotate centre-backs. Perhaps the idea might be to play and rest the three key central defenders -- Greer, Hughes and Dunk -- in blocks. Also to your list should be added versatility, Hughes will be able to play as a full-back as required, although his age which means declining pace and energy levels means that this is not ideal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I am actually delighted we have signed an experienced central defender with bags of PL experience.

I'm hoping for the same. Add another in midfield, and any like-for-like replacements of any leavers, and we'll have a very good squad.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

With you on Hughes and if we got Ward, Butland and Lingard, I'd be absolutely delighted and, provided we keep/adequately replace Ulloa, we'd have a squad capable of challenging for the play-offs.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Always wonderful to hear someone saying something positive, thanks.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Really? He can't know too much, he moved onto VILLA not Fulham from Newcastle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here