Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garth Brooks - Wonderful news

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Oh boy. Garth is back! First new album in 13 years and about to announce a global tour. For anyone too young to remember, Frutos maybe, this guys shows were spectacular beyond spectacular and he is the biggest selling artist of all time. Looks like he's chubbed up a bit, but forget the country tag, this is one live show not to be missed.

Mar 2, 2014
I thought it was about this man, and a terribleaccident. Or just his sacking.

20100902.jpg

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
I was in a pub in Barnes once and said that Garth Crooks was in the bar. A couple of friends got really excited and asked me to point him out. They were disappointed and confused to see this man and no country star.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Would it be okay if I did miss it? Thanks.

I was in a pub in Barnes once and said that Garth Crooks was in the bar. A couple of friends got really excited and asked me to point him out. They were disappointed and confused to see this man and no country star.

I was in a pub once and saw Michael Jackson which got Mrs. Potting excited. It was the legendary late beer writer though.

Oh boy. Garth is back! First new album in 13 years and about to announce a global tour. For anyone too young to remember, Frutos maybe, this guys shows were spectacular beyond spectacular and he is the biggest selling artist of all time. Looks like he's chubbed up a bit, but forget the country tag, this is one live show not to be missed.

I believe that Steve Earle himself is a huge Brooks fan and has been quoted as saying as much on several occasions :whistle:

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He doesn't like people picking individual songs, so has refused to let his music be sold on itunes or other digital music stores. Apparently he now understands technology has moved on, and will release the new album digitally, but only through his website where he will also release his back catalogue. (article)

May 27, 2014
Yes, I remember Brooks - a talentless twerp in a Stetson. The purveyor of lachrymose outpourings which besmirch the legacy of the Carter Family, Hank Williams and Willy Nelson. Still I'm not surprised he gets the thumbs up on here. Only the other day grown men were having a fit of vapours over the release of a new Pink Flob album. A band who have basically reprised their best album - 'Dark Side of the Moon' for every subsequent release. Can there be any other band who have written so many songs about their former leader ? Sadly Sid is no longer with us but I'm sure if he was he would be as baffled as I at their incredible commercial pull. However he, unlike myself would probably comprehending the situation through a mind doused with bucket loads of LSD.
If you want to hear something genuinely original and brilliant try ,'Sax for a Pax Sax' by the amazing Moondog, or for singing like you've never heard singing before - 'Moondog 2'. His most brilliant album is 'Elpmas' - not immediately accesible but ultimately hugely rewarding.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Announced he is now accepting pre-orders for his new album.

You can pre-order it today for 8.99, receive two tracks now, others as they are released, and the album when it is officially released in November.

He has also made his previous eight studio albums, Garth Brooks, No Fences, Ropin The Wind, The Chase, In Pieces, Fresh Horses, Sevens, Scarecrow, for £9.99 each, and the 25th Anniversary Edition of his Double Live album (including five different tracks to the original release, and 30 music videos) for £11.99.

Or you can buy it all for a limited time offer of £18.99. Which sounds good, but if, like me, you have those albums already it might not be so good a deal - his self titled first album wasn't released here, but 8 of it's ten tracks were split across the UK release of his following two albums, so you'd only be getting two new studio tracks, and the five new live tracks (though you would have the studio versions of those that were on the ultimate hits album that you bought because it came with 32 music videos).

I don't know if the bundle is worth it, but I really like his live stuff and would like those tracks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here