Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Scotland becomes independent, could we invade them?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well, we could, but I don't see the point
It would be funny for a start. We should do it just for that, and nostalgic reasons.

Scotland, know your place.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Let's just invade now,get in a pre-emptive strike and have done with affairs,we could be drinking tea and playing cricket at the gates of the Holyrood (their parliament) by noon tomorrow...

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
They are welcome to the Haggis.
Did you know that Whiskey is actually a clear liquid and it picks up it's colour from the barrels that it is stored in.

Yes I did. The barrels are usually imported sherry barrels with sherry residue ingrained which deepens the flavour and colour. God I love whiskey, possibly more than my missus.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
They are welcome to the Haggis.
Did you know that Whiskey is actually a clear liquid and it picks up it's colour from the barrels that it is stored in.

And from copious amounts of caramel in a lot of cases. Sometimes the "international" bottlings turn up here instead of the domestic ones and they often have a German contaminants statement for the caramel.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Is there a clause in the vote that if they vote yes then they have to take Wales as well?

I'd join the SNP for that.:)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Isn't this whole debate being done the wrong way round? We're always told how much the (so-called) celtic nations hate the English and how they're the 'real' Brits - so shouldn't it be US leaving THEM? Let's just have Britain as Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and we can be free!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
we would be obliged, who else would do it?

The Yanks, they're always up for invading a sovereign nation or two...or three... or four... or more.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't know why but I have just watched the Scotland Decides debate on BBC2. It was supposed to be a divided audience (half yes half no) but the Salmondites were a lot more vocal.

Salmond wants to keep Sterling and he is happy to dump trident to pay for it.

Darling made some valid points but I guess it sums it up that a member of the government couldn't take Salmond on

Just like Clegg, who took on Farage in debate. (Appreciate LDS are in government but where were the tories?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here