Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A(nother) transfer Thread

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Ok, before you shoot me down, hear me out....

The frustration is growing daily within me and many others with our lack of transfer deals. I am not a JCL and have supported the club for over 35 years. I also fully support TB.

However, it is worrying that we have not made any significant signings, ie to at least cover the players we lost/let go...2 keepers, 1 centre half, 1 playmaker (PIG, Upson & Orlandi). These are the minimum we need to replace as you could argue that Walton will take Brez's place, Toko to replace Bridcutt, a returning CMS to replace Barnes etc..

The 3 positions I mentioned are crucial and that is before we even talk about a new striker (or 2).

The reason I am worried is that we are all fed the company line that we have monitored many players and could move for a player at 'any time' once the manager makes clear the attributes he is looking for. Burke has a 'list' you see.

Well, Hyypia has been here a little while now and one would hope he has already identified some players, at least one at least?! So what's with the delay?

We are led to believe that the Spain training camp is very important to bond the players and let Sami get his ideas across so should we not have brought some players in before the camp? I'm not saying it is too late afterwards but surely we should have done everything we can to do some deals before they left?

Before you shout that maybe we did try, here's another point...this 'list' that Burke has should surely be of players that we believe would actually be available and willing to come? There's no point just having a list of good players and then have bids for them turned down, ie Baldock if press releases are to be believed.

I hoped the club had various 'options', real options that they may have sounded out the agents of etc. (don't fool yourself if you think this doesn't happen before an actual bid is made) and that all they wanted was Hyypia's yay or nay before signing them.

As I say, I am not complaining about the club or talking about FFP but we did sign Toko with no manager so surely we had players in mind to move on before we lost the aforementioned players?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

The frustration is growing daily within me and many others with our lack of transfer deals. I am not a JCL and have supported the club for over 35 years. I also fully support TB.

However, it is worrying that we have not made any significant signings, ie to at least cover the players we lost/let go...2 keepers, 1 centre half, 1 playmaker (PIG, Upson & Orlandi). These are the minimum we need to replace as you could argue that Walton will take Brez's place, Toko to replace Bridcutt, a returning CMS to replace Barnes etc..

The 3 positions I mentioned are crucial and that is before we even talk about a new striker (or 2).

The reason I am worried is that we are all fed the company line that we have monitored many players and could move for a player at 'any time' once the manager makes clear the attributes he is looking for. Burke has a 'list' you see.

Well, Hyypia has been here a little while now and one would hope he has already identified some players, at least one at least?! So what's with the delay?

We are led to believe that the Spain training camp is very important to bond the players and let Sami get his ideas across so should we not have brought some players in before the camp? I'm not saying it is too late afterwards but surely we should have done everything we can to do some deals before they left?

Before you shout that maybe we did try, here's another point...this 'list' that Burke has should surely be of players that we believe would actually be available and willing to come? There's no point just having a list of good players and then have bids for them turned down, ie Baldock if press releases are to be believed.

I hoped the club had various 'options', real options that they may have sounded out the agents of etc. (don't fool yourself if you think this doesn't happen before an actual bid is made) and that all they wanted was Hyypia's yay or nay before signing them.

As I say, I am not complaining about the club or talking about FFP but we did sign Toko with no manager so surely we had players in mind to move on before we lost the aforementioned players?

Firstly, it sounds like you are complaining but the main questions is why can't this be added to all the other transfer threads and there are loads. Why does it need it's own thread?

Look-at-Me.jpg

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Firstly, it sounds like you are complaining but the main questions is why can't this be added to all the other transfer threads and there are loads. Why does it need it's own thread?

I'm not complaining!

Rightly or wrongly I viewed this thread to hopefully be a discussion about the club's behind the scenes activity and 'readyness' to do transfers as opposed to just discussing which players were coming or just asking when are they coming etc..

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'm not complaining!

Rightly or wrongly I viewed this thread to hopefully be a discussion about the club's behind the scenes activity and 'readyness' to do transfers as opposed to just discussing which players were coming or just asking when are they coming etc..

But there are lots of threads like that. You didn't need to start a new one.

Hillian is right, whether or not you meant it to be, it feels like a "Look at me" thread.

Of course some are just not capable of having a discussion...

There are a myriad of threads on the board, many right near the top where all your points are being/have been and will continue to be discussed.

It does not need another thread.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
It looks to me like a "Can we have a serious discussion, please?" thread, but eventually someone will mention doughnuts or pubs or cars with the registration number W4 NKS.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
There are a myriad of threads on the board, many right near the top where all your points are being/have been and will continue to be discussed.

It does not need another thread.

I didn't see them, all I read were ones speculation on when? Who? Etc...

I stand corrected then but it wasn't supposed to be a 'look at me' at all!

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
And some are not capable of expressing their opinions in numerous other threads on this topic rather than starting yet another one.

Ooh, look at that! Been sharpening your claws before posting that?

I thought I was in a discussion forum but suddenly feel like I have a righteous teacher slapping me down...I apologise..now do please go back to sharpening for someone else ;-)

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
It looks to me like a "Can we have a serious discussion, please?" thread, but eventually someone will mention doughnuts or pubs or cars with the registration number W4 NKS.

This is exactly what I was trying to do! At least there is at least one person who understands me!...

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Don't get why the pop at the op. He is in titled to start the thread and you don't have to post.

I disagree with him entirely but still worth a read.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Bang!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Funny how the usual moaners will stand up and support the thread, as they want as many moaning threads as possible. However, you're not supposed to question the need for yet another thread on the same subject, as you're apparently having a swipe.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Interesting post seagull by sea..

Agreed, I look at seagulls website every day waiting for transfers to happen, getting bored of nothing happening..

Done great to get sammi, but where's the decent players we have the elite performance training ground now to suck them in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here