Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tree climbing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When jnr returns to school in September, he'll soon be off for a year 5 (penultimate year of primary school) week away in The New Forest.

(Ok so you're ahead of the thread now, but I'll continue)

At yesterday's parent meeting the head raised the 'issue' of tree climbing, pretty much verbatim as follows:-.

"The children aren't discouraged in climbing trees, but the only rule is they have to climb up and down on their own, no teacher assistance will be given".
"In the past some parents have had concerns about the danger involved".
"I will not be proving a tree climbing opt in form, but if you wish for your child to not climb trees please report that to their class teacher".

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Right as far as I can tell, if you do not wish for your child to climb trees, you must contact their teacher to inform them.

Hope this helps.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I think your child's school should be commended, in this day and age of health and safety, most schools would have not even entertained the idea of climbing trees, at least they are willing to allow kids to do what comes naturally.
Good on them I say.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I think your child's school should be commended, in this day and age of health and safety, most schools would have not even entertained the idea of climbing trees, at least they are willing to allow kids to do what comes naturally.
Good on them I say.

Seconded. Jim Jnr is only 8 months old but I hope when the time comes, and he is able to, that he climbs trees when out and about, wether it be with family or school friends.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good on them I say.
Yeah good point.

My flabber was so aghasted at the thought of tree climbing being 'to dangerous' for a 10 year old child, and that parents didn't allow their children to do it, I didn't see the positive spin.

Jnr Stat will spend the weeks free time either kicking a ball or up a tree.

If he were hairy he'd come back the Ewok version of Lionel Messi.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Better still how bout a 'best tree climbing in sussex' thread, followed by a poll for the official NSC winner. Everyone loves a poll.

Kingley vale nr Chichester is good.

When jnr returns to school in September, he'll soon be off for a year 5 (penultimate year of primary school) week away in The New Forest.

(Ok so you're ahead of the thread now, but I'll continue)

At yesterday's parent meeting the head raised the 'issue' of tree climbing, pretty much verbatim as follows:-.

"The children aren't discouraged in climbing trees, but the only rule is they have to climb up and down on their own, no teacher assistance will be given".
"In the past some parents have had concerns about the danger involved".
"I will not be proving a tree climbing opt in form, but if you wish for your child to not climb trees please report that to their class teacher".

Fair enough - encouraging the youngsters to work out for themselves how high they feel comfortable in going.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Tree climbing, one of the world's greatest activities, and as yet not on Sky Sports.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
All you chaps with a son should count yourselves lucky, I have a daughter who I love to bits but the nearest she gets to climbing trees is laying a blanket under it for a tea party with her dollies, I love climbing trees even at the age of 39 :down:
I look a bit stupid doing it on my own though so I have to "borrow" my nephew ! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here