Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SSN saying £6m bid for Ulloa today. Havent we already turned down £7m?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
There is a massive gulf in finances between the two divisions and if is a little wonder teams hold out for top money to bridge that gap.

For me the McCormack transfer is the game changer here and I am sure albion are pointing to that as a sign of his worth. Leicester will not get wickham for less than that so if they are serious they will up their bid if not we carry on as normal

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
We never sell players for there true market value. I'd be amazed if we sold him anywhere near 7m

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
e3yra6e7.jpg

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
There is a massive gulf in finances between the two divisions and if is a little wonder teams hold out for top money to bridge that gap.

For me the McCormack transfer is the game changer here and I am sure albion are pointing to that as a sign of his worth. Leicester will not get wickham for less than that so if they are serious they will up their bid if not we carry on as normal

The price being paid for British players is now ridiculous. No other Championship club could afford to pay £11m for a player other than those, newly relegated from the PL, with parachute money. The Jordan Rhodes deal was an eye-opener at £8m between two Championship clubs but Blackburn were investing in a guaranteed 25 goals a season.
What is it with this parachute money? Isn't £65m enough for playing in the PL? They seem to be rewarding failure and creating two tiers within the Championship...those with parachute money ( £45m ish spread over 4 years )...the rest of us with about a third of that.
McCormack is a decent player but he is not £11m quids worth but when you've got money to burn and want to bounce straight back...hey ho.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The price being paid for British players is now ridiculous. No other Championship club could afford to pay £11m for a player other than those, newly relegated from the PL, with parachute money. The Jordan Rhodes deal was an eye-opener at £8m between two Championship clubs but Blackburn were investing in a guaranteed 25 goals a season.
What is it with this parachute money? Isn't £65m enough for playing in the PL? They seem to be rewarding failure and creating two tiers within the Championship...those with parachute money ( £45m ish spread over 4 years )...the rest of us with about a third of that.
McCormack is a decent player but he is not £11m quids worth but when you've got money to burn and want to bounce straight back...hey ho.

I agree entirely and the amounts are absurd buts it's little wonder teams like us and Leeds are using these opportunities to bridge some of the gap between our finances and those on parachute money

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Agree with this. We'll certainly be using McCormack as a bargaining tool. If he's "worth" around 10 million (even if he was overpriced) there's certainly no way a Premier League team should get Ulloa for less than 8/9.

I think he'll go. I think we'll have someone lined up right now to replace him if the deal goes through. Leicester obviously want him pretty badly and they have the money to pay much more. We'll make them sweat, sell him for a decent fee, replace him and a nice wedge to the transfer kitty for more of Sammy's signings.

Or.... we'll just tell em to fack orf.

Midfield Minton

Dec 18, 2013
The mirror are saying a bid of £6.1 million so mayb it's bid over £6million that get the ball rolling or just paper shit

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I sincerely hope that we aren't stupid enough to sell Ulloa just before the season starts without signing one or two replacements. I have a bad feeling, however, in my waters. Here's hoping for some positive news on the striker front in the very near future.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I sincerely hope that we aren't stupid enough to sell Ulloa just before the season starts without signing one or two replacements. I have a bad feeling, however, in my waters. Here's hoping for some positive news on the striker front in the very near future.

I think if the money is right and he wants to go there is only one way this is heading. However I share your concern as we are already a striker light having lost Barnes. I would imagine regardless of the ulloa situation the club are in the hunt for a new striker. This will work to our advantage as well as we won't have a fat cheque in our back pocket whilst we try and negotiate with other clubs

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

But Wickham is a far better player than Ulloa, more mobile and pacey, and much younger. PL class.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I hope no one is planning on getting Ulloa printed on their shiny new Nike shirt. Can't see Leicester backing down on this one. Hopefully are scouts have already identified the next Ulloa and we'll swoop for him soon.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
But Wickham is a far better player than Ulloa, more mobile and pacey, and much younger. PL class.

He is and he is also central to sunderlands plans for next season which is why I believe he would cost Leicester far more than the £8-10m we seem to asking for Ulloa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here