Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crofty looking good in pre-Season Spanish Training

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Certainly not marmite for me, he's a good player as was Barnes. But in my opinion both would not be starting 11 players for me.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
We simply cannot hold back the development of Ince, JFC and Stephens by playing Crofts in my opinion. If Crofts had more ability than these players you could make a case for his inclusion in a starting 11 but he simply does not..
If you actually attend games, then I would suggest you have the only restricted view at the Amex,........ either that or you need to get those cataracts looked at sharpish.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I Would be interested to know what you think Crofts offers that Ince, Stephens and JFC don't ? The fundamental role of a midfielder is to be able to control and pass a ball, Crofts is at best average at this certainly way behind our other options. We just have to get the likes Toko, Ince,JFC, March and Stephens into the side. It's totally the way forward for us.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Give me the benefit of your wisdom as to why you believe crofts is a starting 11 player when our squad is fit rather than just telling me I need glasses ...

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Crofts was the only midfielder that busted a gut to get into the area when we attacked .. he is a goal scoring midfielder which is something all the others lack

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No, he was a goal scoring midfielder for 6 months last season, his goal scoring record is not very good in general.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Crofts goal scoring record is 1 in 10 games over his career, JFC for example is already boasting 1 in 7 with many appearances as a sub.... I know which one will improve on that given game time and more experience.....

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Crofts is the engine that drives the midfield. When we lost him we lost that drive, and we lost his goals.

That was only replaced by Stephens when Crofts got injured so I'd say that's pretty good evidence that Kemy, JFC or Ince weren't anywhere near as effective as Crofts. JFC and Ince are more skillfull players and have the potential to go further, but please don't try and kid us by saying they affect the game more than Crofts did.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Staggered I truly am. Playing the likes of JFC, Ince, Stephens, Toko and March, players that are going to improve is the only way we will get promoted and take our club forward. You say potential, these guys are already ahead of Crofty, and with more additions coming to the squad I just don't see Crofty anywhere near the starting 11 when players are fit. It was Ince for me driving the side forward last year, not crofts and that's from a lad who made his league debut last year, that for me tells the story.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Staggered I truly am. Playing the likes of JFC, Ince, Stephens, Toko and March, players that are going to improve is the only way we will get promoted and take our club forward. You say potential, these guys are already ahead of Crofty, and with more additions coming to the squad I just don't see Crofty anywhere near the starting 11 when players are fit. It was Ince for me driving the side forward last year, not crofts and that's from a lad who made his league debut last year, that for me tells the story.
I really thought you were having a laugh until this post. Crofts has the experience of leading a team to promotion to the Premier League, & played in that division.
The youngsters may achieve that sometime, but he has already done it. He is a proven player.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I really thought you were having a laugh until this post. Crofts has the experience of leading a team to promotion to the Premier League, & played in that division.
The youngsters may achieve that sometime, but he has already done it. He is a proven player.

Seriously....that's your justification. Past glory. Now its my turn to be staggered. Sure experience is important to a degree, I'd still rather see the more talented youngsters play.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seriously....that's your justification. Past glory. Now its my turn to be staggered. Sure experience is important to a degree, I'd still rather see the more talented youngsters play.

It's your opinion that they are more talented. I hope they realise their potential. It will only be good for us.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I reckon Marshy is trying to reinvent himself as a wind up merchant on here and suspect that Rod Marsh is either related or his licker.
Crofts has been class for us in the past and will be class in the future. Good player for the Albion.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I reckon Marshy is trying to reinvent himself as a wind up merchant on here and suspect that Rod Marsh is either related or his licker.
Crofts has been class for us in the past and will be class in the future. Good player for the Albion.

A wind up merchant... seriously ! I have an opinion that i back up with solid reasoning, and because a couple of people dont agree with it i am a wind up merchant ?
If you knew me at all you would know you could not be further from the truth.
Again i say, i am delighted Crofts is fit, and part of the squad.
But he in my opinion is in no way a starting 11 player.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex

I think you'll find that Marshy has stated numerous times on this thread that Crofts is a good player. He's not denying that. Just that he wouldnt pick him as a starting eleven player. I agree with lots of opinions on here when they are backed up with good argument. Saying someone is a good player and is the heart of a team doesnt cut it for me. I'm not really interested in that he was a good player before,or he's won promotion 4/5 years ago. In the two years he's been back i can honestly say he's been dissapointment. How's he shown he will be class in the coming season? If we are going on that argument we may as well sign Andrews, hes played in the premier league.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Paging [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] for match ratings of Crofts.

For 2013/14 - 6.54 average (3rd in the squad of 30 players who made rated appearances) over 24 rated appearances. MOM (i.e. Highest rated) in the team twice. 6.53 away (12 apps), 6.55 home (12 apps)
For 2012/13 - 5.97 average (24th in the squad of 30 players who made rated appearances) over 25 rated appearances.

(rated appearances = an appearance that was long/significant enough for someone to rate him on the match thread)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Quite how anyone can say Toko is going to be this, that or the other is beyond me. Based on what exactly??? A weeks pre season, 45mins against Lewes and a few clips on You Tube.....He may well be fantastic, he may well also turn out to be total shite. Bit early to be saying he is a certain starter and a bit foolish really.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Quite how anyone can say Toko is going to be this, that or the other is beyond me. Based on what exactly??? A weeks pre season, 45mins against Lewes and a few clips on You Tube.....He may well be fantastic, he may well also turn out to be total shite. Bit early to be saying he is a certain starter and a bit foolish really.[/QUOTE

I would be pretty suprised if he didnt start the season in that holding role its fair to say, certainly its not a position Crofty will be playing was my point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here