Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crofty looking good in pre-Season Spanish Training

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
A wind up merchant... seriously ! I have an opinion that i back up with solid reasoning, and because a couple of people dont agree with it i am a wind up merchant ?
If you knew me at all you would know you could not be further from the truth.
Again i say, i am delighted Crofts is fit, and part of the squad.
But he in my opinion is in no way a starting 11 player.

I think you'll find that Marshy has stated numerous times on this thread that Crofts is a good player. He's not denying that. Just that he wouldnt pick him as a starting eleven player. I agree with lots of opinions on here when they are backed up with good argument. Saying someone is a good player and is the heart of a team doesnt cut it for me. I'm not really interested in that he was a good player before,or he's won promotion 4/5 years ago. In the two years he's been back i can honestly say he's been dissapointment. How's he shown he will be class in the coming season? If we are going on that argument we may as well sign Andrews, hes played in the premier league.

Did you not start the Danny Murphy thread?
I agree that we all are allowed opinions but what has Dale Stephens done to prove he is a better option? I love JFC but IMO he has a long way to go before he is a regular in a fully fit midfield and we haven't even seen Toko yet so we don't know who he is better or worse than.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Did you not start the Danny Murphy thread?
I agree that we all are allowed opinions but what has Dale Stephens done to prove he is a better option? I love JFC but IMO he has a long way to go before he is a regular in a fully fit midfield and we haven't even seen Toko yet so we don't know who he is better or worse than.

I did start the Danny Murphy thread yes, so ?
He may well yet be our new No2, i hope he is

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Crofts goes out injured for 6 months and he's turned into Vicente in some peoples minds.

He had a little goal run , great! We needed that at the time as no other midfielder seemed to have permission to pass the half way line.

But as a midfielder he's hard working though limited in his effectiveness as a passer or any other technical ability you care to mention.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Crofts goes out injured for 6 months and he's turned into Vicente in some peoples minds.

He had a little goal run , great! We needed that at the time as no other midfielder seemed to have permission to pass the half way line.

But as a midfielder he's hard working though limited in his effectiveness as a passer or any other technical ability you care to mention.

Funny how a player so limited could be Norwich's player of the year when they were promoted and was ours for the first half of last season.

Nobody is saying he's Vicente but I would say he's massively under rated by some fans and I can't understand why.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Funny how a player so limited could be Norwich's player of the year when they were promoted and was ours for the first half of last season.

Nobody is saying he's Vicente but I would say he's massively under rated by some fans and I can't understand why.

Norwich? he went there 4 years ago, hows that even relevant?

He couldn't get into Poyets team, (ignore the bollocks he was too vocal for Gus) and only made OG initial line up cause Kemy didn't for what ever reason.

Apart from the goals I dont ever remember thinking ''**** me Crofts is running the show here'' :shrug:

No one is saying he's crap, just that he's not necessarily first choice looking at the current squad and the possibility of one more coming in .

Thats all, no one needs to get upset.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Just to add, I like Crofts , I really do and hope he gets the the chance to prove me wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here