Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora to Millwall???

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I'm a QPR fan and believe me, you don't want or need Bobby Zamora.

He's been stealing a living at Loftus Road for two seasons.

Paceless, injury prone and lacking significant effort.

He is forgiven most of that for the goal at Wembley, but he really should consider hanging his boots up. He's finished.

Blimey, you've got a short memory. If it wasn't for him you'd still be in the Championship this season.
And also up financial s**t creek without a paddle.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm a QPR fan and believe me, you don't want or need Bobby Zamora.

He's been stealing a living at Loftus Road for two seasons.

Paceless, injury prone and lacking significant effort.

He is forgiven most of that for the goal at Wembley, but he really should consider hanging his boots up. He's finished.

Frank Lampard went to Brazil because of his experience and influence in the dressing room and in training. Roy was only ever going to play him in a dead rubber. We need senior players in our dressing room now PIG, Andrews, Upson and Ward have left. If we sign Zamora, he'd start very few games. His role would be to change games as a substitute like he did for you lot against Wigan & Derby whilst providing support & guidance to our exciting young players. He would also generate a huge amount of shirt sales.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Would be a great squad player at worst. Brilliant coming off the bench, brilliant back up to Ulloa if he is still around. I really can't see why we wouldn't be interested if he was affordable. And in Bobby's shoes is money the main driver. Surely at his age having regular football and being somewhere where he is happy is worth so much more?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just out of interest.

To the "Bring BZ back Brigade".

A. How much do you think the club should pay BZ a week?

B. Do you think he would accept it?

Serious question.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Frank Lampard went to Brazil because of his experience and influence in the dressing room and in training. Roy was only ever going to play him in a dead rubber. We need senior players in our dressing room now PIG, Andrews, Upson and Ward have left. If we sign Zamora, he'd start very few games. His role would be to change games as a substitute like he did for you lot against Wigan & Derby whilst providing support & guidance to our exciting young players. He would also generate a huge amount of shirt sales.

Assuming we keep both Ulloa and CMS at the club and more importantly FIT, then the role you describe would be a perfect fit for Bobby and for us. My main concern with a returning Bobby would be the reliability of his fitness.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just out of interest.

Serious question.

A - 10k + goal bonus
B - Probably not; he'll likely get offered more elsewhere.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just out of interest.

Serious question.

A. More than Millwall. Less than QPR.*

B. Yes

*I really have no idea what footballers get paid other than media speculation. Needless to say, I would like to think a BHA win bonus and promotion bonus are a lot more achievable than at Millwall.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Just out of interest.

Serious question.

A. £20k per week on a two year contract
B Yes

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

Thing is, to sign someone in that role on (presumably) higher wages than most of our starting squad when we're lacking in other, more immediately concerning, areas could seem a decision ruled far more by heart than head and, if it didn't work out, would be something that many will look back on and question. Loudly.

Essentially, would he be worth a noticeable chunk of the tightly controlled wage budget? Sadly (and don't get me wrong, it sucks), I don't think he would be.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here