Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why call the police

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Timing! My ten year old daughter was flashed at by a 20 year old scrote who wanked at her whilst drunk yesterday. Police arrived instantly (I was there too and called them). Arrest made, statement taken an hour later. Email 10 hours later stating charge and court case pending. My daughter saw justice working (so far...)

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
When I was at Uni a burglar got caught thieving from a flat on the ground floor in the halls
About six blokes dragged him up to the third floor into another lads flat and threw him out of the window.
He broke both his legs and fractured his back we later read in a local paper.
The students were all expelled, and four were jailed.
Slightly OTT one may think but these scumbags ruin peoples lives also physically harm some people, kill some peoples animals and steal their possessions !!!

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Timing! My ten year old daughter was flashed at by a 20 year old scrote who wanked at her whilst drunk yesterday. Police arrived instantly (I was there too and called them). Arrest made, statement taken an hour later. Email 10 hours later stating charge and court case pending. My daughter saw justice working (so far...)

sex offenders register and ruined life for him then :thumbsup:

hope your daugher's not too upset by the in incident

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Got hold of a toerag outside my flat in The Dials area a few years back, who was off his face & smashing all the car mirrors & windows as he worked his way up the hill past the Prestonville Arms. I stopped him as he was trying to karate kick a BMW's passenger side window. He squared up to me & said "You don't want what I got".
I produced my trusty Louisville Slugger from behind my back, & replied, "I think it's you that doesn't want what I've got!"
I jabbed it right on his bugle, which made a bit of a mess, then "helped" him to his feet & told him to run along.
An elderly neighbour had also heard (& seen) the goings on & shouted down that the police were on their way. Few minutes later, (well it was BN1) the police knocked on my door & asked for a description. "Scruffy smackhead with a nosebleed". I replied.
I must admit, the dishing out of instant justice was quite a pleasure.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Got hold of a toerag outside my flat in The Dials area a few years back, who was off his face & smashing all the car mirrors & windows as he worked his way up the hill past the Prestonville Arms. I stopped him as he was trying to karate kick a BMW's passenger side window. He squared up to me & said "You don't want what I got".
I produced my trusty Louisville Slugger from behind my back, & replied, "I think it's you that doesn't want what I've got!"
I jabbed it right on his bugle, which made a bit of a mess, then "helped" him to his feet & told him to run along.
An elderly neighbour had also heard (& seen) the goings on & shouted down that the police were on their way. Few minutes later, (well it was BN1) the police knocked on my door & asked for a description. "Scruffy smackhead with a nosebleed". I replied.
I must admit, the dishing out of instant justice was quite a pleasure.

Sorry about that one Smudger. Twas on the disco biscuits heading back from the Zap. It won't happen again old chap.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
No one should blame the Police for this - they are battling the system also.

I remember Police telling me before that the 'holy grail' is catching a burglar in the victim's home. Quite rare, due to the low probability of catching them in that moment, but much loved - can then throw the book at them, with none of the 'handling stolen goods' compromise.

This. Slightly different but I got jumped by a bloke right outside my house a few years back. He forced his way into the house, my flatmate called the police and they were there like a shot. They caught the bloke and his missus just leaving our place, and due to the fact one of them had grabbed a football that was lying in the hallway they both got done for aggravated burglary as well as assault and a few other charges. The police were fantastic throughout.

solly

Aug 31, 2005
Its the courts, frigging useless ... .stepson had his car vandalised by some jealous little non working local scumbags with too much time on their hands. Caught them doing it the police took it to court. They got off scot free despite overwhelomng fingerprints DNA etc, now these scumbags are threatening his brother because of being "grassed" up. Only hope is that a similar thing happens to a magistrates car and then their family in leafy surburbia
They only grass these scumbags should be worried about is the bit growing back over the hole

solly

Aug 31, 2005
When I was at Uni a burglar got caught thieving from a flat on the ground floor in the halls
About six blokes dragged him up to the third floor into another lads flat and threw him out of the window.
He broke both his legs and fractured his back we later read in a local paper.
The students were all expelled, and four were jailed.
Slightly OTT one may think but these scumbags ruin peoples lives also physically harm some people, kill some peoples animals and steal their possessions !!!

Surely he jumped out didnt he

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
My Dad's company had £50,000 of stock nicked overnight earlier this year. Obviously insurance covers the loss of goods, but the Police took their sweet time getting their act together. They took DNA, and had a number of credible leads, yet are only just this week getting round to arresting one of the prime suspects in the case. To be fair though, I haven't been a victim of crime myself so can't lay blame or judge the Police personally, but I do read enough of the Daily Mail to know that they deserve all the stick they receive :p

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
My experience of the local police is a little mixed - To cut a long story short, I was out on my bike and 2 blokes broke in through the front door with an axe, they had targeted the car and were in and out in 13 seconds..... Basically, they were clear as daylight on the CCTV and had parked the car for later collection at Portslade. That's when the irritation started, the car was collected by Westbourne Motors and taken to their pound on Dolphin rd, police took several days to do the crime scene stuff and eventually I could collect for the princely sum of £270...... The perpetrators were identified shortly after by Merseyside police following a recent appearance on crimewatch over other offences, but that's nearly the last I heard of it. I kind of heard some nebulous details about a court appearance, conviction and vague sentence but it was all a bit random and to this day I don't really know what happened at court etc. Surprised I wasn't invited!!!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I have recently retired from the police after 25 yrs service. The police hate burglars and I can promise you that officers are just as frustrated when a convicted burglar receives a lenient sentence (especially a known repeat offender). What should be made clear is that the police gather the evidence, the Crown Prosecution Service decide whether to charge based on that evidence and the courts then determine the sentence if a conviction is achieved. The police deal with the victims face to face and so quite understandably are often the brunt of victims frustrations. The impact of a burglary upon a victim is massive and should never be under estimated. I speak as a victim of a domestic burglary myself and I know the impact it had on me and my family and that was whilst as a serving officer. The police could and should do more to communicate clearly with victims on a personal level - there is always room for improvement in this area, however, on the whole the police do a good job under very difficult circumstances. I always tried my best and put the victims first as did the vast majority of my colleagues.

I do understand your frustration which must be made equally galling by the fact that, as a tax payer also, you are paying all the costs of getting someone to court who them smirk at you as they get given a slap in the wrist. What the judiciary have to be so careful about, and I sense it coming, is that people will teach the lesson themselves rather than waste taxpayers money!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here